Uncarrier 8.0 is... (Update: Data Stash - a.k.a Rollover Data)

coreyacole

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
So I talked to T-Mobile (twitter help DM) and showed them the screenshot I took and here is their totally plausible answer:

Somehow, I got glitched into being shown the price for a second line on a family plan even though I only had one phone selected. I looked at those plans and it looks like that's the exact prices I saw. I could never get back to that screen intentionally because when I tried again, I still only had one phone selected. Bodes well for only my third day as a customer and someone took me seriously and took the time to figure out what I saw.

Erroneous original guess follows...

An across the board cut of $20 off of Simple Choice Plans.

Had a glitch in the site and I took a picture of it. Went back to normal after I hit refresh. Looks like someone published too soon.

Cant wait to make the change. Just ported from att yesterday. More savings coming my way.

Edited to clarify, this is for INDIVIDUAL Simple Choice, not the family lines (at least not that I saw.) And it makes sense, since the promo cost for 2 lines is $100, and with the 8.0 announcement, two separate lines will be $120 instead of $160. We'll see.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 20141215_095635.jpg
    20141215_095635.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Uncarrier 8.0 is...

Hm maybe they'll do that for individuals since they did the 100 dollars for 2 lines for us on a family plan.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

prepaid might still be cheaper given the higher taxes and fees associated with postpaid plans.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

This would kind of tick me off... I just switched from $110 for two lines, one grandfathered unlimited ($20) and one 3GB to the two lines unlimited for $100. But I only did so because I wanted the discount, not because I needed more data on the other line. I guess we'll see what they end up with.

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site

This would kind of tick me off... I just switched from $110 for two lines, one grandfathered unlimited ($20) and one 3GB to the two lines unlimited for $100. But I only did so because I wanted the discount, not because I needed more data on the other line. I guess we'll see what they end up with.

I just switched from two lines with 3GB each for $100 to the two lines unlimited for $100, not because I needed more data but because...why not? Same exact price, may as well not limit myself. But while I requested the switch, it won't go in to place until my next billing cycle (January 3rd). If this rumor is true, hopefully I can simply override that pending change with whatever this new deal is, as I'd much rather pay less money for the 3GB lines than have unlimited data.

rrballer11

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Uncarrier 8.0 predictions?

Post your predictions.. According to John Legerr the CEO, its a big anoucement...

I just can't think of much more they can do?

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Uncarrier 8.0 is...

Why would it tick you off ? You could just switch again... What's the issue ?

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

Why would it tick you off ? You could just switch again... What's the issue ?

I was grandfathered into the $20 unlimited data addon, which I've now lost since I switched. But I guess it is likely that they would only give the discounted prices if you switch to their new plans, so it likely would not have helped me anyway.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I was grandfathered into the $20 unlimited data addon, which I've now lost since I switched. But I guess it is likely that they would only give the discounted prices if you switch to their new plans, so it likely would not have helped me anyway.

Yeah they wouldn't have let you get a discount with that plan.

cgr1971

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site

Wow I wish Tmobile had coverage that would work for me. I live and travel a good bit in rural areas and Verizon is the only carrier that works everywhere I go.

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

Data roll over and every customer gets free 10gb to start.

Bigballer

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

So it's only for those with the next tier data plans (3 gb and up?)

Nothing for us who have the minimum data plans (2.5 gb and really is 1 gb after 2016)?

Good marketing I guess to move people to the next data tier for $10 a month. I bet a ton of the users are either the bare minimum data tier (2.5 gb currently) or unlimited.

coreyacole

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Time and effort to photoshop.... Zero.

I took the picture and uploaded it as is.

Damnit. I want my $20 off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech