G2 or MyTouch4G???

aabritt

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Current Samsung Vibrant user with T-Mobile, pondering the idea of flatout getting a new phone. Tired of waiting on Samsung or T-Mobile with the Froyo update and dont wanna really do all of the rooting again just to say I have Froyo - not sure if I'll buy another Samsung phone again if their updates are going to be like this. So this brings me to HTC, I hear lots of good things about their phones and doesn't seem like they take 4ever with releasing updates.

I do like both the G2 (which my cousin has and she absolutely loves it) and the MyTouch4G. Love the solidness of the G2 but not sure why they included the optical trackpad. The MyTouch has a FFC but im not really sold on that just yet. So my fellow T-Mobile subscribers, any other pointers in helping me make a decision on a possible purchase?

Thanks in advance. :)

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Depends on what you want the G2 is a bit bulkier becuz of the keyboard so right there (may i add the G2 keyboard is great) ! if ur someone who texts and IM's alot wel the G2 may be right for you if you want something more sleek just like your vibrant go with THE mytouch ALSO! the G2 is stock android which means updates will probably come around faster where as the mytouch has its own skin over android they are both HSPA+ phones and are both pretty fast oh and the mytouch 4G has a front facing camera so if ur into that sorta thing u can video chat with people over 3G not just wifi like the iphone 4

_Zguy__

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I would take the g2
Fastest updates
keyboard is better than the front facing camera
And the g2 is just cooler than mytouch

Mike20PR

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
honestly... i dont like the MyTouch 4G at all. Dont get me wrong, the specs are amazing and it runs great but IMO the MySense overlay is a little overwhelming and inconsstent as well that the phone looks like a toy. Its not clean looking (back side) and the front buttons look cheap. I dont see a lot of support for it either compared to the more developer oriented G2/Desire Z (compare the dev. forums of both in XDA)

I had a HD7 and decided to try out a Vibrant since its 90% identical to the Nexus S so everything the Nexus has will eventually be ported over. But it did not last 24 hours with me... HATED IT. I posted the ad to trade it back for a HD7 since i missed it, and got an offer for an even trade for a G2. Decided to try it out till I get a HD7 again and FELL IN LOVE WITH IT. Feels rock solid with the stainless steel front and back, the hinge (although a bit loose) feels so good when you open and close it because it glides so smoothly, and performance is mind jaggering. I flased a Desire Z ROM with HD Sense and have the overclock ability up to 1.8ghz giving me Quadrant scores of over 3000 without cheating like the Galaxy Lagfix....

Thats my experience.... either one is awesome, just like the post above its all about ur needs

Last edited:
Reactions: aabritt

DevynMapes

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I would go for the G2 personally. I like it as stock as of comes--tends to have a lot less bloat. That and physical keyboards rock for typing college papers at the last second :p

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech