How is t-mobile network the fastest ?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Idk but at least they put a disclaimer based on a claim . T-mobile does nothing of that sort on theirs .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

See you don't know. But you're okay with AT&T doing it and not T-Mobile? That isn't very fair.

Edit - And T-Mobile does claim it .. on Download Speed only.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
See you don't know. But you're okay with AT&T doing it and not T-Mobile? That isn't very fair.

Edit - And T-Mobile does claim it .. on Download Speed only.

Claim what? Not even using a source or anything . They are claiming the fastest data network for downloads ? They don't disclaim it's an average or anything ....just they have The fastest data network. AT&T at very least claims it's an average . I have an issue with AT&T claiming that as well but they claim based on national average of signal . T-Mobile claims they are the fastest .

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Claim what? Not even using a source or anything . They are claiming the fastest data network for downloads ? They don't disclaim it's an average or anything ....just they have The fastest data network. AT&T at very least claims it's an average . I have an issue with AT&T claiming that as well but they claim based on national average of signal . T-Mobile claims they are the fastest .

AT&T isn't claiming a source but says strongest LTE and you're okay with it.

T-Mobile isn't claiming a source but says fastest on download speeds only but you're not okay with it.

Sorry that .. just isn't fair.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
AT&T isn't claiming a source but says strongest LTE and you're okay with it.

T-Mobile isn't claiming a source but says fastest on download speeds only but you're not okay with it.

Sorry that .. just isn't fair.

AT&T claims national average

T-Mobile claims point blank fastest data network on download speed .

I'm not ok with it but they claim national average . T-Mobile doesn't . AT&T also backs it up with their network .....t-Mobile it might be true if you happen to have service and even then you might not get high speeds ( Yankee stadium )

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am done with this thread. I am one for discussing but .. I can point out other carriers do the exact thing you claim to hate .. and you are okay with it. That simply shows you're trying to make T-Mobile look bad only because you had a bad experience and you want everyone to think that is how it is for them .. even if we prove time and time again it isn't for everyone.

Have a good one.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I am done with this thread. I am one for discussing but .. I can point out other carriers do the exact thing you claim to hate .. and you are okay with it. That simply shows you're trying to make T-Mobile look badly only because you had a bad experience and you want everyone to think that is how it is for them .. even if we prove time and time again it isn't for everyone.

Have a good one.

I don't love any carrier but t-mobile is the worse ....hiding behind lies and lies and lies . Horrible customer service and if I have to call 30 times to fix one issue that's not good , claim highest data speeds yet I barely break 20 Mbps anywhere I went , claiming no contracts but hiding behind finance charges which btw it is cheaper to buy an iPhone 6 16gb on a 2 year contract and just pay the ETF since its $200 + $350 ETF( $550) vs $649.99 for full retail and hiding behind the we care about the consumer baloney they are selling people . If they were so pro consumer they would of solved my issue the first time not the 30th. They are just like any big company ....a greedy big company going after the dollar bill

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Here are two screen caps. Both are early morning hours when both carriers should have the best speeds. One is T-Mobile and the other AT&T. I had to cancel my phone service through AT&T because of dropped calls and this kind of data performance at my house. Only T-Mobile can get me LTE at my house and at these incredible speeds consistently. Verizon could get me the AT&T equivalent LTE but only at night so I dropped them as well.IMG_4673.jpgScreenshot_2015-02-01-04-15-31.jpg

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Here are two screen caps. Both are early morning hours when both carriers should have the best speeds. One is T-Mobile and the other AT&T. I had to cancel my phone service through AT&T because of dropped calls and this kind of data performance at my house. Only T-Mobile can get me LTE at my house and at these incredible speeds consistently. Verizon could get me the AT&T equivalent LTE but only at night so I dropped them as well.View attachment 165393View attachment 165394

My only screen cap of data speed I have left from t-mobile is this at 4 Mbps and I was outside with full bars

db560b6f21ae115408938c60fbf2b7a4.jpg

My service with Verizon inside my apartment which isn't carrier friendly but I get a solid connection for calls with AT&T and Verizon. I averaged 14 Mbps with AT&T in my apartment. This is my Verizon speed test just taken inside

bbb8294342db7c6f889aef06b3ed154e.jpg

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Frankly, if we are looking at RootMetrics for speed, we need to be looking at something similar for customer service (JD Power?) to rank TMO overall, nationwide.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
It all depends on location. When AT&T first activated LTE here in Broomfield Colorado two summers ago, I would get about 40Mbps around town but near zero at my house. Their speed soon went down to about 10Mbps around my town and still near zero at my house.

T-Mobile has only gotten better. Places where I got no data, now have solid LTE, and my speeds keep getting faster.

And customer service is top notch on T-Mobile when I have post paid as I do. When I had prepaid it was just plain bad and it was outsourced.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
It all depends on location. When AT&T first activated LTE here in Broomfield Colorado two summers ago, I would get about 40Mbps around town but near zero at my house. Their speed soon went down to about 10Mbps around my town and still near zero at my house.

T-Mobile has only gotten better. Places where I got no data, now have solid LTE, and my speeds keep getting faster.

And customer service is top notch on T-Mobile when I have post paid as I do. When I had prepaid it was just plain bad and it was outsourced.

I was on post paid and I had to call them at least 30 times for one issue and spoken to over 40-50 people for the life of being on t-mobile for only 8 months.

Outside I typically averaged 4 Mbps to around 20 Mbps tops . The highest I've seen was 39 Mbps but far beyond the average. At home I got zero.

Frankly, if we are looking at RootMetrics for speed, we need to be looking at something similar for customer service (JD Power?) to rank TMO overall, nationwide.

I had to call them 30 times and talked to 30 different reps about one issue .. Took them 2 months to figure out I returned a device 2 months ago. I wonder if that warrants great customer service :p

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I was on post paid and I had to call them at least 30 times for one issue and spoken to over 40-50 people for the life of being on t-mobile for only 8 months.

Outside I typically averaged 4 Mbps to around 20 Mbps tops . The highest I've seen was 39 Mbps but far beyond the average. At home I got zero.

I had to call them 30 times and talked to 30 different reps about one issue .. Took them 2 months to figure out I returned a device 2 months ago. I wonder if that warrants great customer service :p

Maybe the T-Mobile CS reps just didn't like you or your attitude?

Last time I called T-Mobile was two weeks ago after buying my Gear S watch at my local T-Mobile store. The watch wasn't displaying it's phone number in the about section. The guy asked how long ago it was activated and I told him an hour. He said just wait a little while and it will eventually show up and it did, Saying thank you and please go a long way. You can't call while you are upset.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Maybe the T-Mobile CS reps just didn't like you or your attitude?

Last time I called T-Mobile was two weeks ago after buying my Gear S watch at my local T-Mobile store. The watch wasn't displaying it's phone number in the about section. The guy asked how long ago it was activated and I told him an hour. He said just wait a little while and it will eventually show up and it did, Saying thank you and please go a long way. You can't call while you are upset.

Lol I didn't show them a rude attitude at all . Got frustrated toward the end but I know how the system works ...being rude to them they have little incentive to actually help you . These people were nice but said they would do something and nothing actually happened or outright lied to me. I've actually had a fantastic customer service experience so far with Verizon and I've heard horror stories about them

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Lol I didn't show them a rude attitude at all . Got frustrated toward the end but I know how the system works ...being rude to them they have little incentive to actually help you . These people were nice but said they would do something and nothing actually happened or outright lied to me. I've actually had a fantastic customer service experience so far with Verizon and I've heard horror stories about them

Enjoy Verizon. They got where they are from being good. I just couldn't get LTE at my house which makes a carrier worthless to me.

You had a bad experience with T-Mobile, others don't. Except that and move on. Do you really have to keep insisting that they are bad for everyone when many people have excellent service? Stop wasting a part of your day today talking about something that no longer has a part in your life. Your experience isn't mine or many others.

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

Right, I've read some of what you've been through, and you got a raw deal. And "attitude" may be a factor in a single interaction, but when you're getting the same result over and over with different reps at different levels, it's hard to blame "attitude." That being said, if we look at TMO as a whole, if I'm not mistaken, they rank high for CS among the big four.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Right, I've read some of what you've been through, and you got a raw deal. And "attitude" may be a factor in a single interaction, but when you're getting the same result over and over with different reps at different levels, it's hard to blame "attitude."

Lol my attitude? I was polite to them 99% of the time .....toward the end I just got frustrated . I know people who done this kind of stuff and it gets you nowhere being rude to a customer service rep. These people while nice were clearly clueless in what they were doing

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Lol my attitude? I was polite to them 99% of the time .....toward the end I just got frustrated . I know people who done this kind of stuff and it gets you nowhere being rude to a customer service rep. These people while nice were clearly clueless in what they were doing

Right, that's what I'm saying too: you had multiple interactions, so one can't say it was because of "bad attitude" that you're owed money, or whatever your current situation is.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Enjoy Verizon. They got where they are from being good. I just couldn't get LTE at my house which makes a carrier worthless to me.

You had a bad experience with T-Mobile, others don't. Except that and move on. Do you really have to keep insisting that they are bad for everyone when many people have excellent service? Stop wasting a part of your day today talking about something that no longer has a part in your life. Your experience isn't mine or many others.

Yeah but in my opinion they are like car salesmen ....,they lie , lie and lie. They have said they have been nominated for 2nd best customer service in the wireless industry ? The amount of different reps I've spoken to makes be beg to defer on that . Fastest network ? Never really got higher then 20 Mbps . Got rid of contracts ? Yeah for people who don't upgrade every 2 years perhaps but if you upgrade yearly or every 24 months like I guess most people here do and even a lot of the average joes do as well it's finance charges they are hiding behind and calling contract free.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah but in my opinion they are like car salesmen ....,they lie , lie and lie. They have said they have been nominated for 2nd best customer service in the wireless industry ? The amount of different reps I've spoken to makes be beg to defer on that . Fastest network ? Never really got higher then 20 Mbps . Got rid of contracts ? Yeah for people who don't upgrade every 2 years perhaps but if you upgrade yearly or every 24 months like I guess most people here do and even a lot of the average joes do as well it's finance charges they are hiding behind and calling contract free.

Ok, please move on. Enough already.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11