I was wondering if early upgrading was worth it.. Let's put the $10 fee to the side since its worth it as is since standalone insurance is about $8 anyways.
    Okay, I was thinking of upgrading my device once year given that would be half of the device cost.

Let's say you pay the 2 years and pay off the phone.. On avg. The street price would be around $150 -200. Let's be real by the 2.5 years of ownership your most likely to change phones.. Its old broken something..

If I upgrade every year.. The street value will almost be equal give or take to what's remaining on my payment plan at that moment, why would I pay the rest of the 3~~ if at the end its worth less.

So what do you guys think?

Posted via Android Central App
    03-05-2015 10:36 AM
    What I usually do is switch phones every year or so. However I pay full price for the phone. Not a fan of the JUMP program at all. I like to switch when I want.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-05-2015 03:19 PM
    What I usually do is switch phones every year or so. However I pay full price for the phone. Not a fan of the JUMP program at all. I like to switch when I want.

They let you switch when you pay half, why would you pay full price? lol 1 yr is half.

03-07-2015 04:52 PM
    They let you switch when you pay half, why would you pay full price? lol 1 yr is half.

You can sell it at the end of one year for half the price, also save 120 jump charge.

@T-Mobile GN3
    Laura Knotek and DCSholtis like this.
    03-07-2015 06:13 PM
    You can sell it at the end of one year for half the price, also save 120 jump charge.

@T-Mobile GN3
    +1 This

03-08-2015 10:26 AM

@T-Mobile GN3
    But the jump includes insurance, so its basically a must have for most people..?

03-09-2015 01:15 AM
    But the jump includes insurance, so its basically a must have for most people..?

Not a fan of insurance either...

03-28-2015 04:05 PM
    Not a fan of insurance either...

I have Jump! and I love it. T-Mobile doesn't subsidize their phones like the other carriers. Haven't tried using it yet though. But the Jump! charge is based directly on the price of your phone and how much is paid off. The insurance is great believe it or not. And with Jump! you don't just get insurance, it comes with Lookout Premium for no extra charge. Personally that makes it all the more appealing to me. And BTW, if you don't have an Anti-virus and Anti-malware program on your phone, you're asking for trouble. Smart phones are just as much computers as any Laptop, Desktop, Webbook, or Tablet.
    04-06-2015 04:09 PM
    I have Jump! and I love it. T-Mobile doesn't subsidize their phones like the other carriers. Haven't tried using it yet though. But the Jump! charge is based directly on the price of your phone and how much is paid off. The insurance is great believe it or not. And with Jump! you don't just get insurance, it comes with Lookout Premium for no extra charge. Personally that makes it all the more appealing to me. And BTW, if you don't have an Anti-virus and Anti-malware program on your phone, you're asking for trouble. Smart phones are just as much computers as any Laptop, Desktop, Webbook, or Tablet.
    Paid for my G3 in full from T Mobile as I've stated and it came with Lookout Premium....all T Mobile phones do I believe.. Jump or no jump. Now however I can sell my phone whenever I wish.

04-07-2015 02:03 PM
    Paid for my G3 in full from T Mobile as I've stated and it came with Lookout Premium....all T Mobile phones do I believe.. Jump or no jump. Now however I can sell my phone whenever I wish.

The only difference is that with Jump you get the premium version. No jump just gets the free version.

Sent using my HTC One M9 via the Uncarrier
    04-07-2015 05:08 PM