Charging for Sim card?

chustle925

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm a new T Mobile customer, and was wondering have they always charged for sim cards? My old provider(CINCY BELL) never charged me or a sim card. I like to switch phones frequently,and went to T Mobile today and they tried to charge me $15 for a sim card. I told them I thought that was ridiculous,and the employee said he couldn't do anything about it. So I decided to switch to AT&T out of frustration,fortunately or unfortunately they were closed. So am I just out of the loop thinking that I shouldn't be charged if I wanna switch my phone when I want to?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
They charged me for the SIM when I started with them in Jan 2014. Not sure what it's like with other carriers, but for me, T-Mobile's overall cheaper plans, excellent data speeds, and superior customer service were well worth the small SIM fee.

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I'm a new T Mobile customer, and was wondering have they always charged for sim cards? My old provider(CINCY BELL) never charged me or a sim card. I like to switch phones frequently,and went to T Mobile today and they tried to charge me $15 for a sim card. I told them I thought that was ridiculous,and the employee said he couldn't do anything about it. So I decided to switch to AT&T out of frustration,fortunately or unfortunately they were closed. So am I just out of the loop thinking that I shouldn't be charged if I wanna switch my phone when I want to?
They do charge for sim cards. Its like how AT&T charges you if you want to pay your bill in store.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 via the Uncarrier

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I always like keeping extra sim cards on hand. I have so many phones and I like to use different ones and being on post paid, I can just login to my account and change the sim card on the website. $.99 is good. Can't beat that. Some of my phones use nano sims and some use micro sims.

I just bought three.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet