jump worth it?

esmail

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Jump is $10 / month
Insurance $8 / month

It seems only to be $2 more than having insurance on the phone, so it seems like a worthwhile investment for that amount more. Am I overlooking something?

I just got an S6 and would like to have some insurance on it - adding $2 for some added flexibility would be worth it to me, am I overlooking something?

Unless there's something seriously wrong with the design of the phone (let's say battery life is permanently poor) I don't plan on frequent upgrades.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I never get insurance on my phone, I didn't see the value of paying for Jump. Paying a monthly fee should never be considered an "investment".

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Even if you're upgrading every year on the dot it's typically not quite worth it. If you don't plan on upgrading frequently it's definitely not worth it. Yes, it's only $24 per year over the insurance but you're still throwing it away.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
If you are prone to breaking phone go for it. 20 years with cell phone and never had insurance, and never needed it. 5 smartphones in family and we all go without insurance. I figure if something goes wrong I'll get a replacement off of Swappa or if it's screen cracked I'll get it fixed. Either way I have money in my pocket from not paying for insurance.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
If you want to get something I would go with SquareTrade over the T-Mobile insurance. It is almost half the cost ($99 for two years) and covers everything except loss/theft.

sheba510

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I signed up for Jump when I got Samsung S6 edge. I am not usually clumsy with my phones but the S6 edge has a lot of breakable glass. Also, I get device envy every year and just have to have the new flagship phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
If you want to get something I would go with SquareTrade over the T-Mobile insurance. It is almost half the cost ($99 for two years) and covers everything except loss/theft.
The issue with square is they will pay claim up to original purchase price. If you paid for $600 coverage and device I'd replaced for full $600 value you have nothing left should you crack screen during remainder if coverage period.

Mst99

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I dumped jump after ten months, a used s5 is cheap enough to buy now if mine breaks or is lost. Plus I own the phone outright, I can jump whenever I want. So made no sense for me to pay 10.00 a month anymore.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Jump is not really about insurance, it lets you upgrade early. Its for those who want new phones every 6 -12 months. Once half one phone is paid off, you can jump to another phone without the hassle of selling the old phone yourself on craigslist or dealing with eBay/Paypal fees etc. its just another option which every other carrier copied from t-mobile.

esmail

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Thanks .. that's my plan pretty much too, I'll keep it for about a year for the insurance (and possibly for upgrading), then if I haven't had to use it, I'll also dump it too. At that point there will be more options for replacement.