Thinking about switching to T-Mobile from AT&T. I'm wanting a cheaper bill and unlimited data. I live in Kentucky. Haven't had any problems with AT&T. I just get close to using over 10 gb a month and I'm not in contract with them either cuz I bought my 6 plus out right. Any help would be appreciated.
    04-22-2015 02:25 PM
    I have really liked my T-Mobile experience after switching from Verizon more than a year ago. But the biggest question for you will be network coverage. The best way to see how it is where you live and work, try the Test Drive program: T-Mobile Test Drive | Try our 4G LTE Network for Free
    04-22-2015 04:54 PM
    Thinking about switching to T-Mobile from AT&T. I'm wanting a cheaper bill and unlimited data. I live in Kentucky. Haven't had any problems with AT&T. I just get close to using over 10 gb a month and I'm not in contract with them either cuz I bought my 6 plus out right. Any help would be appreciated.
    I have 4 (was 5..lol) with at&t. I tested tmob with 1gb plan new line and put the sim in my unlocked nexus 6 and then my unlocked iPh 6+. My concern was my home. I work out of my home office and tried tmob around a year ago but I could only get 3g/4g...weak signal.
    I was shocked to see full bars strong LTE not only all the way to my basement but my entire neighborhood/general area. The local T-Mobile store did tell me I should see a difference as they've upgraded towers and launched 700 MHz in metro Denver. So after a few days I just ported my line to replace the one I started service with. I'll start bringing the other lines in over time.
    I know everyone's situation is completely different but the reps also told me they are launching 700 in more markets nationwide. Tmob is also aggressively looking to purchase more lower spectrum in the next auction...
    Also...I have noticed HD voice and voice over LTE.
    Good luck

Posted via the Android Central App
    WildCatBBN3 likes this.
    04-22-2015 06:15 PM
    I would try the test drive as B. Diddy said.
    WildCatBBN3 and Shilohcane like this.
    04-22-2015 06:39 PM
    I won't be in any contract. I'll be bringing my phone to T-Mobile.
    04-22-2015 06:49 PM
    I won't be in any contract. I'll be bringing my phone to T-Mobile.
    Get it unlocked by AT&T while it's still on a plan with them. After that you'll have to buy the unlock code.
    04-23-2015 12:53 AM
    I bought it from the Apple store it should be unlocked. How do I find out???
    04-23-2015 12:53 AM
    Get it unlocked by AT&T while it's still on a plan with them. After that you'll have to buy the unlock code.
    I know the new CTIA guidelines allow it, but have they actually charged any non-customers so far that you know of?
    04-23-2015 09:08 AM
    Your experience will be different than anyone else who posts.

I have excellent coverage in my area BUT that depends on my phone. On my iPhone 6+, I get a lot of dead areas (no data but calls will work). In those dead areas when I use either my Note Edge or Note 4, those areas have great coverage.

I also get double the speed on my Note Edge and Note 4 then I do on the iPhone 6+.

Just something that I've been experimenting with here in the Broomfield/Denver area in Colorado. All of my phones were purchased from T-Mobile and are unlocked.
    04-25-2015 04:13 AM
    AT&T requires their devices to be active on their network, with a service plan, for at least 60 days before issuing an unlock code for it. Even if you bought it outright.
    04-25-2015 10:26 AM
    Your experience will be different than anyone else who posts.

I have excellent coverage in my area BUT that depends on my phone. On my iPhone 6+, I get a lot of dead areas (no data but calls will work). In those dead areas when I use either my Note Edge or Note 4, those areas have great coverage.

I also get double the speed on my Note Edge and Note 4 then I do on the iPhone 6+.

Just something that I've been experimenting with here in the Broomfield/Denver area in Colorado. All of my phones were purchased from T-Mobile and are unlocked.
    Found this on the Apple Forum since I had read about people with i6+ turning off LTE option in setting to improve the speed on Howard Forum on the T-Mobile board. Then I found this Apple link that seems to point at the problem isn't just on T-Mobile but also on other carriers.

iPhone 6 Plus, LTE reception issues?

Also;

LTE is not working on iPhone 6 plus
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
    04-25-2015 10:38 AM
    My buddy and I both got LG g3 from T-mobile and his bill with unlimited data is $85 a month in the customer service is excellent. I love just south of Boston never had a droped call. My only ***** with them is, as silly has it my sound is I can't play a game(tanktastic) with phone data yet you can with sprint, straight talk. No one seems to know why. Other wise they have been great. And 0 overcharge!!! If you bring someone with you to sign up I believe you get unlimited data for one year for free check it out, no ****.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-05-2015 01:06 PM