When someone sends me an image over text/messaging, I press download, but nothing downloads and it says "downloading". It will sit there for hours and nothing will download, so it's not download speed. I also have WiFi on and my data usage enabled. Any suggestions?

P.S: I have a Alcatel One-Touch Pop Astro from Walmart Mobile.

Why can't I download and view images over MMS?-screenshot.png
    05-30-2015 05:12 PM
    When someone sends me an image over text/messaging, I press download, but nothing downloads and it says "downloading". It will sit there for hours and nothing will download, so it's not download speed. I also have WiFi on and my data usage enabled. Any suggestions?

P.S: I have a Alcatel One-Touch Pop Astro from Walmart Mobile.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	178946
    go to Walmart Mobile site and get the APN settings.
    05-30-2015 05:18 PM
    It may also be a bug in the app/phone/carrier combo. Try turning off wifi and using mobile data only for MMS...if you can then download it, just replace your default texting app with chompSMS and use the T-Mobile wifi fixes for MMS in the settings for chompSMS. We had to do this with our G2's and now they work fine for MMS.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-12-2015 02:41 AM
    It may also be a bug in the app/phone/carrier combo. Try turning off wifi and using mobile data only for MMS...if you can then download it, just replace your default texting app with chompSMS and use the T-Mobile wifi fixes for MMS in the settings for chompSMS. We had to do this with our G2's and now they work fine for MMS.

I had same issue. I use Textra now and have no problem with the download. But with the stock messaging app I can capture almost a minute of video to attach to a message. With Textra or Chomps I can only get 10 or 15 seconds on my G3.

06-12-2015 05:43 AM