Verizon iPhone 5 Compatible?

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I switched from Verizon and tmobile told me my two iPhones wouldn't pick up LTE on their network. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, battery life on Tmobile S6? Good, bad or what's expected?

Thanks!

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
It is true. The Verizon iPhone 5 will not pick up T-Mobiles LTE. You will get 4G though.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 Edge via the Uncarrier

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
It is true. The Verizon iPhone 5 will not pick up T-Mobiles LTE. You will get 4G though.

Many thanks. How's the battery on the S6? I live in Columbus,OH. Signal is good but worry that battery will be less than what it was on Verizon due to searching for signal.

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Many thanks. How's the battery on the S6? I live in Columbus,OH. Signal is good but worry that battery will be less than what it was on Verizon due to searching for signal.
It all depends when it comes to battery life. There have been mixed reviews. Personally I haven't had bad experience with my edge but it's definitely not the best.

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I'd recommend that, if you can bring your own phone to tmobile instead of buying a tmobile branded phone. Having used a tmobile branded phone and 3 unlocked phones on tmobile a unlocked phone is the only way to go

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I'd recommend that, if you can bring your own phone to tmobile instead of buying a tmobile branded phone. Having used a tmobile branded phone and 3 unlocked phones on tmobile a unlocked phone is the only way to go

If I buy an iPhone 6 or S6 from them wouldn't it be unlocked or able to use on another carrier?

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Either will be t mobile branded for use on the t mobile network. Youll have to have them unlock the sim card in order to use on a another network but i think the t mobile software will remain on the phone regardless of the network. Of the two id go with the iphone 6.

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Either will be t mobile branded for use on the t mobile network. Youll have to have them unlock the sim card in order to use on a another network but i think the t mobile software will remain on the phone regardless of the network. Of the two id go with the iphone 6.
This is true about the S6.

Apple does not allow carrier branding nor do they allow carriers to put their own software on the phones.

If you pay full price for the phone then you can have it unlocked after 40 days of using it, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
iPhones are always better than the equivalent Android phone under identical usage. (There's no emulator to support.) And battery life will still depend on the signal strength of TMobile's signal where you go, not the strength of Verizon's signal, so the Verizon signal strength is no indicator.TMobile allows you to take a phone for a test drive. Run a signal strength app on your iPhone on Verizon and LTE Discovery on the TMobile phone and see how the signal strengths compare where you go - your bedroom, at your desk at work (signals can vary if you move the phone a few inches, so the signal in the street in front of the building you work in won't tell you if the phone will even work at your desk). Then you'll have your answer about signal strength. (A TMobile phone won't search for a signal any more than a Verizon phone will. If there's a signal there, it finds it.)