Verizon customer testing out T-Mobile

mrdoon

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I started my trial with T-Mobile last week and, to be honest, I'm not sure how things are going to end up. Despite a brief and very positive experience with T-Mobile last year (where T-Mobile often matched or beat Verizon throughout the Tampa Bay area), I now find that Verizon's coverage is just as strong and the data network is usually faster. To be honest it hasn't been that close. With that said, I'm still torn. I like the idea of unlimited data (not on a grandfathered plan), data-free streaming music (not really a big deal on an unlimited plan but potentially costly on Verizon), WiFi calling, and better device payment options (Jump vs Edge). I know that these are individual choices but any input you all might have would be appreciated.

Posted via the Android Central App

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Saying one carrier is better than another really depends on where you live, what areas you travel in, and who (overall) has the best coverage for those locations.

I left VZW in Jan '14 after about 15 years and switched to Tmo. I wasn't unhappy with VZW but just wanted to try something different. Tmo had the exact same coverage in the areas I'm in that VZW did, so that wasn't an issue. I'm paying $50 less a month with Tmo than I was with VZW and I have three lines with unlimited data, no contracts, and no phone payments (I've always paid for my devices outright).

Was Tmo a good choice for me? Absolutely. It may not be the best choice for you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc