Original jump 1 users. Did they change the time frame?

20degrees

Banned
Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I have the jump 1 on my plan and had it since it started. I could've swore that after the initial 6 month waiting period, that you could jump twice a year. I don't remember it being exactly every 6 months that you had to wait in-between jumps.

I just jumped and have 1 more jump for the year, the website says I have to wait 6 months to jump again!?

Am I mistaking or did they change it? I thought it was any time you want but only twice a year?

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Have you used Jump before, if so when? It's not twice based off of calendar years.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 Edge via the Uncarrier

20degrees

Banned
Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I've used it 3 times now. I thought you could do it any time twice a year after the initial 6 months? Like I've used my first one for the g4 for those year, but thought I could jump in 3 months if I wanted but not again till my year resets?

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
One thing to note, is once those intial 6 months are over they become irrelevant to the process.

You are are allowed to Jump twice in a 12 month period. Just an example because easier to describe, let's say you jumped November 2014. You could then Jump one more time from that time until November 2015. That equals twice in 12 months. November 2015 your Jump would then reset.

20degrees

Banned
Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes exactly. But I do not have to wait another 6 months from November to jump again. I could jump again in March if I wanted. For some reason though, I think T-Mobile changed it. Now it's every six months like the jump 2.

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Yes exactly. But I do not have to wait another 6 months from November to jump again. I could jump again in March if I wanted. For some reason though, I think T-Mobile changed it. Now it's every six months like the jump 2.
It's not like Jump 2. Jump 2 all you have to do is be half way paid off. If you follow standard payment schedule without paying extra, then it would be 1 year. But people can can pay down to halfway at anytime.

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
When were all of your jumps?

20degrees

Banned
Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Don't remember. But I don't remember having to wait exactly 6 months between either.

My year just reset on April 9. I jumped for the g4. T-Mobile.com says now I'm not eligible until November 19th.

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Don't remember. But I don't remember having to wait exactly 6 months between either.

My year just reset on April 9. I jumped for the g4. T-Mobile.com says now I'm not eligible until November 19th.
I would call customer care and have them check. There's too many variables and not enough info.

20degrees

Banned
Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
K. Look.

You get 2 jumps a year after your first 6 month waiting period.

I thought it was any time within that year that you could jump. T-Mobile says it's exactly 6 months in-between jumps. So even though I have 2 jumps coming until April 9 2016, T-Mobile says it has to be 6 months (Nov 19) for my next jump.

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
K. Look.

You get 2 jumps a year after your first 6 month waiting period.

I thought it was any time within that year that you could jump. T-Mobile says it's exactly 6 months in-between jumps. So even though I have 2 jumps coming until April 9 2016, T-Mobile says it has to be 6 months (Nov 19) for my next jump.

It's 2 jumps within a 12 month period. That 12 month clock doesn't start until your first jump regardless of when the wait period ended. You then can jump one more time after the first jump. Everything resets one year after your FIRST JUMP not when the first 6 months ended. Then when it resets the cycle starts all over.

It's not anytime within that year after the first 6 months. Like I said the intial 6 months is irrelevant, just a wait period. It's something you should never think of again.

20degrees

Banned
Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Right. So after your first year resets, you can jump then jump again in 2 months if you want to? Then you just can't jump again until this year resets.

That's what I remember. But T-Mobile isn't showing this. It's making me wait to jump every six months now. Instead of 2 times whenever I want, it's making me wait 6 months between jumps.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I have the jump 1 on my plan and had it since it started. I could've swore that after the initial 6 month waiting period, that you could jump twice a year. I don't remember it being exactly every 6 months that you had to wait in-between jumps.

I just jumped and have 1 more jump for the year, the website says I have to wait 6 months to jump again!?

Am I mistaking or did they change it? I thought it was any time you want but only twice a year?
Twice a year in 6 month intervals

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

James Mi

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
if you are on the original its every 6 months which i love the 2nd jump plan is when ever u want as long as you have half of it paid off so for me the original is that best so i can traid every six months instead of paying a year to pay off half of phone they will have to pry me from original plan lol

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Original JUMP plan is twice a year.... they could be within weeks, or wait months... doesn't matter... just that you only have two JUMPs during that 12 month period that begins the day you used your first one.

I joined T-Mobile in Jan of 14 when they rolled out the ETF thing and I got on the first JUMP. I switched phones around the end of July, then again in November. So I'm about 5 weeks away from my counter reseting.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
That sucks. Mine isn't that way thankfully.

Why wouldn't you want to be able to upgrade every six months? You know with the original jump 1 it doesn't matter what balance you have on your phone too. T-Mobile will pay it off even if you still owe 450-500 dollars even after 6 months?

Jump 2 however, T-Mobile will only cover half of the original cost of the phone.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Original JUMP plan is twice a year.... they could be within weeks, or wait months... doesn't matter... just that you only have two JUMPs during that 12 month period that begins the day you used your first one.

I joined T-Mobile in Jan of 14 when they rolled out the ETF thing and I got on the first JUMP. I switched phones around the end of July, then again in November. So I'm about 5 weeks away from my counter reseting.
Sorry that's incorrect. I have original jump also . With the original jump you are able to jump once every 6 months or twice a year regardless of balance still owed in phone. T-Mobile will pay off the remaining balance.

With jump ver.2 you can jump as much as you want as long as phone is half paid off.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey