ok.. seriously thinking of ditching the BB

graffixnyc

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I have been seriously debating ditching my BB bold 9700 and going android. I'm on TMO and really want a android with a qwerty keyboard. I was going to hold out to see if TMO released a new qwerty android because I'm not crazy about how the G2 looks NOW however.. I can get the G2 for free and it's looking mighty tempting.. I'm just so afraid I will switch from BB to Android and regret it. Can some other BB/Android convertees give me some thoughts? I have been a loyal loyal BB user for years now I'm just afraid I will give it up and then regret it :(

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I went from the BB Storm to the Droid X and have no regrets. I love android and will likely stick with android for a long time. If your not happy with your BB it would prob be a good move for you.

graffixnyc

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I do love my BB and am def a crackberry head but RIM is falling so far behind in handset hardware and UI. I'm kinda itching to jump to android though. How is the G2? Is it a decent phone? Like I said I'd be coming from a BB 9700 running BB OS 6.0

graffixnyc

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I haven't used it before, but based off the specs it is a decent phone. Can't beat the price.

Well I took the plunge! TMO has having a promotion to get the G2 for free on a new contract. I tried to get it for free but since I was an exsisting customer they wouldnt let me do it through the site.. I called and they said they couldnt do anything.. I called back threatened to close my account and then came back and said they would give me that deal they gave to new customers so I got the G2 for free :) Also their unlimited android data package is $30 but since I was on a granfathered 19.99 BB data plan they are giving me Unlimited Android data for 19.99!! I will have my g2 by friday! If I really dont like it I have that 14 day buyers remorse option :)
Thanks!

fugitivealien

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I'm already reading up on how to root it :) I also want to try to install a Sense 2.2 UI from a ROM but not sure which rom to use for it, there are just sooo many

I'm still running stock 2.2 on my g2, it's an amazing and clean device. There are only a couple of added apps on the phone like goggles, listen, etc. But it's a super clean Google experience. I'd recommend trying to run it unrooted for a while see how you like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol