4 lines with 10gb each for $120 (new plan)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Very odd for the 10 GB for 2 line thing .. The people could just get unlimited all for those 2 lines for $100 a month instead of 10 GB each. Unless that 2 lines unlimited for $100 is going away? /shrug

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it's going away.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

We shall see. I haven't heard of anything mentioning it going away. I know one day it will but they have had this "limited time" deal going for quite a while. This may be it (which would make sense) because if it didn't .. it wouldn't make sense to grab 2 lines w/ 10 GB for $100.

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Very odd for the 10 GB for 2 line thing .. The people could just get unlimited all for those 2 lines for $100 a month instead of 10 GB each. Unless that 2 lines unlimited for $100 is going away? /shrug
2 lines for $100 unlimited everything ends today. Of course those who have it are grandfathered in.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 Edge via the Uncarrier

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I wonder how long we'll be allowed to keep the unlimited everything plan?

Sent from my SM-N910T

I would assume we will be grandfathered in. They will just stop offering it to new customers but since we snagged it before it went away -- we can keep it. Like most carrier promos.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure we will see a similar deal down the road. This is the second time the 2 for $ 100 came out. I missed it the first time. If I remember? it was very fast promotion the first time around.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I would assume we will be grandfathered in. They will just stop offering it to new customers but since we snagged it before it went away -- we can keep it. Like most carrier promos.

At this point all plans are guaranteed for at least 2 years. T-Mobile said that a few months ago.

The price is guaranteed for 2 years. The plan is grandfathered

John Legere : "Your Simple Choice rate plan won’t go up as long as you stay a customer, and even customers with unlimited 4G LTE data will have it for a minimum of two years".

2 for $100. Falls under the simple choice plan. Hence, the 7GB mobile Hotspot increase.
Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The price is guaranteed for 2 years. The plan is grandfathered

John Legere : "Your Simple Choice rate plan won’t go up as long as you stay a customer, and even customers with unlimited 4G LTE data will have it for a minimum of two years".

Oh I know about the "contract" T-Mobile signed to us .. I am just saying after the fact I would be shocked if they shoved people off the plans. Kind of like how Verizon / AT&T haven't forced users off unlimited.. They just do not offer new things to them.

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Oh I know about the "contract" T-Mobile signed to us .. I am just saying after the fact I would be shocked if they shoved people off the plans. Kind of like how Verizon / AT&T haven't forced users off unlimited.. They just do not offer new things to them.
I agree with this.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
But if you factor in the price of new phones, even at $20 a month (for a family of four) it gets you close to Verizon pricing. Even without phones, Vz 4 lines is $140 and tmo is $120. $20 more for peace of mind.

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
But if you factor in the price of new phones, even at $20 a month (for a family of four) it gets you close to Verizon pricing. Even without phones, Vz 4 lines is $140 and tmo is $120. $20 more for peace of mind.

Peace of mind depends on the area. I have no worries about coverage all around town. Everywhere I go I see LTE. The only places I travel to really are NJ/Ohio and Orlando. NJ/Ohio is only "edge" spots if I drive there otherwise .. LTE all there .. LTE all in Orlando (HSPA on the drive in between Jville & Orlando). Now if you live out in rural area or something then yes -- It would make much more sense for Verizon. So the peace of mind thing really depends on a persons needs :).

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

Except that $140 on Verizon gets you 10GB of data shared. This gets you 10GB of data per line. For the 40GB on Verizon you'd be paying $360. And that's without phones on Verizon as well.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Except that $140 on Verizon gets you 10GB of data shared. This gets you 10GB of data per line. For the 40GB on Verizon you'd be paying $360. And that's without phones on Verizon as well.

The 10 GB offer is good only until the end of the year, after that you go back to 2.5 Gb and at $120 for 4 lines it'll be more expensive than the 2.5Gb plan they have now.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
The 10 GB offer is good only until the end of the year, after that you go back to 2.5 Gb and at $120 for 4 lines it'll be more expensive than the 2.5Gb plan they have now.

Where does it say that? Everything I've seen says that you will only be able to sign up for it for a limited time but nothing says that it expires at a certain date.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret