Anyone getting the note 5 ?

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Do you think it will have the same T-Mobile standby issues that the s6 had ?
I loved the s6 but the battery was horrible because of that and it forced me back to the iPhone 6 plus. Battery is awesome.
Hoping it's worked out for the note 5 because I really want it !

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting it Friday! Can't wait. I do not believe it will have the same standby issues that some people were seeing with the s6, although I wasn't seeing those issues with my s6. There has been some decent reviews about battery with both the Note 5 and the S6 edge+.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Do you think it will have the same T-Mobile standby issues that the s6 had ?
I loved the s6 but the battery was horrible because of that and it forced me back to the iPhone 6 plus. Battery is awesome.
Hoping it's worked out for the note 5 because I really want it !
Wont be picking up Note 5. Samsung has lost me as customer due to lack of change. Note 3 is like Note 4 and now Note 5 is cut from same cloth yet again. I forgot, they did make a change, now no SD card and no removable battery, I guess they consider following iPhone footprint to be progress. Sorry, but I'll pass.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
The Note 3 to Note 4 was somewhat of an upgrade. Better display, much better resolution, better processor. I would consider that an improvement.
Now the HTC M8 to M9, that isnot an update. I have both and the M9 screen looks worse then the M8. Battery life isnt as good but probably due to the 810 issues.
I do agree that going from Note 4 to 5 is going backwards. No removable media or battery.. WTF samsung.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Wont be picking up Note 5. Samsung has lost me as customer due to lack of change. Note 3 is like Note 4 and now Note 5 is cut from same cloth yet again. I forgot, they did make a change, now no SD card and no removable battery, I guess they consider following iPhone footprint to be progress. Sorry, but I'll pass.

It is easy to understand why Samsung doesn't have a SD card or removable battery in their new phone designs. Apple is so successful at selling thinner and lighter weight devices with out those features proves few people care about that. However I purchased a LG G4 for the SD card and removable battery that were two major reasons for getting the LG G4. The LG G4 isn't a big seller in the market since so few people care about those two features when they are buying phones. If people won't buy phones for those two features, no manufacture will design phones with those features someday.

The SD card does have a negative issues. The SD card is a major security risk being on a phone due to it's FAT32 format that doesn't protect data on the SD card from being stolen by other Apps that have access to the SD card. The SD card needs to be replaced by a newer technology that is designed with a disk format that supports security to the App level.

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I feel the same. Samsung is marketing to the "Masses", that means they've forgotten their original fan base and created an iPhone clone. I was really looking forward to this device until I saw it in person and literally held it up to my iPhone 6. I was shocked at the similarities. Looks like me and Samsung are on our last rodeo.

Sent from my LG G Pad 7.0 LTE

oscari

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I was so excited to see what the Note 5 was going to be but once they presented it, it felt like a minimal upgrade coming from a note 3. I honestly might switch to iPhone depending on what the 6s plus has to offer. Or the nexus 5 2015.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
LG G4 hasn't sold well for same reason new Samsung or any other recent Android devices..... Not because they do or don't have SD card or removable battery, instead the new devices haven't been innovative, instead offering much the same at a high cost. The masses don't see an impelling reason to depart with $600 or more from their wallet for very minor changes. Better battery life and screen that you can read when in sun are on my want list. Manufacturers need to get price down too

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I was so excited to see what the Note 5 was going to be but once they presented it, it felt like a minimal upgrade coming from a note 3. I honestly might switch to iPhone depending on what the 6s plus has to offer. Or the nexus 5 2015.

That's funny. I went from an iPhone 6 plus to the note 5. The last iPhones were so buggy. Hopefully the new ones are better and faster too. I'm really enjoying the note 5 a lot more.

sheba510

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I used my Jump upgrade to trade in S6 edge for the Note 5. I was having battery issues with the edge and did not want to deal with it anymore. I have had the Note 5 for a few days and so far the no battery issues. I don't have to get out the charger mid-day and recharge the phone. In fact I had 80% battery left when I left work after 10 hours. The S6 edge was loosing 50% to 60% by mid-day and if I didn't recharge the phone it would be dead by the end of the day. I should add I don't use the phone during work day as I can't take it in to my office, so except for lunch and break times the phone is mostly unused.

oscari

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
That's funny. I went from an iPhone 6 plus to the note 5. The last iPhones were so buggy. Hopefully the new ones are better and faster too. I'm really enjoying the note 5 a lot more.

Wow man thanks for giving me more doubt. I really hate this paradox of choice now but appreciate it at the same time. Gf has iPhone and does not like using anything other than the texting (imessage to iphones) so I'll probably get an iPhone unfortunately..

rrballer11

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Wow man thanks for giving me more doubt. I really hate this paradox of choice now but appreciate it at the same time. Gf has iPhone and does not like using anything other than the texting (imessage to iphones) so I'll probably get an iPhone unfortunately..

This is the main problem I'm having.... if only there was a way group messaging at least would work flawless between iphones and non iphones..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital