Buying a sim for data connection

muwu

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
We're going to be in San Francisco next week as the first part of a 2 week SF-LV-LA trip, and I'm hoping someone can recommend a T-Mobile plan for me. We're looking to buy a sim so we can have a dependable mobile data connection in order to access maps and grab ubers and such. I'm from outside the US so I'm not really familiar with any of the plans and I won't need it anymore after those 2 weeks. Is there any prepaid sim or plan that will fit my needs of mainly mobile data and is only needed for 2 weeks?

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
If you are going to use T- Mobile I would consider this $30.00 plan. You buy the kit which has a sim at Walmart. You only get $100 in phone calls but you get 5gb of data. I use this when we winter in Florida in conjunction with google hangouts and a google voice number. Using this and wifi you can phone without cost within US and Canada. I believe with hangouts you can contact anyone anywhere provided they also use hangouts.
T-Mobile Complete SIM Kit - Walmart.com
How well T-Mobile data will work in the areas you are going is something to consider. I would imagine in the major cities it will be fine but out on the highway away from major centers might be problematic. WiFi is readily available in many places such as McDonald's, and other fast food restaurants, coffee shops, grocery stores etc. You can also tether your phone to a laptop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo