iHeartRadio is terrible? Video ads waste mobile data.

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I like the 80's and 90's station but the app is annoying. At one time there use to only be a occasional short audio ad but now every time I change the station it plays a video ad on "mobile data" which uses up my data usage. What is the point of having iHeartRadio in music freedom if unskippable video ads keep playing wasting more mobile data. I already wasted 30 MB of data on unskippable video ads which also drain my battery and lock up the phone where I have to freaking force close the app to stop it. It did this when I was only switching between the 80's and 90's station every freaking time a video ad played on mobile data.

What I am asking is there anyway to add My 80's and My 90's in another program that would not count towards my data usage? I already deleted the iHeartRadio app from my phone.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The music freedom is for music.. The ads are simply the app itself and more an app / that company issue than anything. Especially since other companies do ads for free without needing video ones.

As for the moving your stations.. You may be able to make a new station in a new service but as for importing the new one over that is highly unlikely.

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I will just listen to the 80's 90's playlist on Slacker or Play Music which is part of Music Freedom that I pay for to get rid of the ads. As I should have said I don't mind paying if it gets rid of ads especially annoying data sucking video ads but since iHeart does not give you that option I had to delete the app and be done with it since now there is a annoying data sucking video ad every time I change a station.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I've never used another app after Google music. Before that I tried them all but since it's pretty much like Spotify and I have a discount on the monthly plan.. No real reason to change.

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I agree. I keep going back to Google Music. I never tried Spotify because it does not give you a option to block explicit tracks in playlists and yes I actually hate explicit music.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I agree. I keep going back to Google Music. I never tried Spotify because it does not give you a option to block explicit tracks in playlists and yes I actually hate explicit music.

I understand it doesn't work for everyone -- nothing wrong with that :). I just have become numb to it lol.

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Just a quick follow up. I loaded custom iHeart Radio URL's I found online with My 80's and My 90's in TuneIn Radio Pro streamed it on LTE and it used no data. Problem solved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke