T-mobile refund for switching

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
What was your average wait time to get your refund for switching carriers to t-mobile? I applied in late August and by mid September I got the ETF refund but was denied the device payment on the other lines I switched. After calling them, they accepted the documents for the device payment but it's been 6 weeks (out of the 8 they claim it maybaltake) and not his yet. Did it always take the whole 8 weeks?

The panda has spoken

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
What was your average wait time to get your refund for switching carriers to t-mobile? I applied in late August and by mid September I got the ETF refund but was denied the device payment on the other lines I switched. After calling them, they accepted the documents for the device payment but it's been 6 weeks (out of the 8 they claim it maybaltake) and not his yet. Did it always take the whole 8 weeks?

The panda has spoken

Likely to take the 8 weeks. Go ahead and tweet @TMobileHelp and that is executive customer service and they can check on it for you.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Mine took less than 8 weeks. But I was initially denied. I called them and they approved it a sent it out right away. I actually felt like I got over on them. They gave me $300 in credit when I turned in my Nexus 6 and then paid the rest of my financial agreement with AT&T for $675. So, I got my phone and accessories for free, first month's bill covered, and my agreement reimbursed. Not too bad.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
We turned in junk phones and kept our good phones and just got our ETF's paid. They didn't want to give me a good enough credit on my Note 4 or the iPhones. We did trade in an old iPhone 4 and they gave us $21 credit, but we traded it in to get a new iPhone for half price. I even bought a tracfone at Target for $4.95 to get an ETF paid

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Mine took less than 8 weeks. But I was initially denied. I called them and they approved it a sent it out right away. I actually felt like I got over on them. They gave me $300 in credit when I turned in my Nexus 6 and then paid the rest of my financial agreement with AT&T for $675. So, I got my phone and accessories for free, first month's bill covered, and my agreement reimbursed. Not too bad.
They gave you $300 for trade in that you could have easily sold for about that amount. So you didn't really get one over on them. It is nice that T-Mobile covers the cost to switch. I switched over a year ago from VZW and haven't looked back. Only difference is I have hundreds of dollars in my bank account from what I saved vs what I would have paid to VZW.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
They gave you $300 for trade in that you could have easily sold for about that amount. So you didn't really get one over on them. It is nice that T-Mobile covers the cost to switch. I switched over a year ago from VZW and haven't looked back. Only difference is I have hundreds of dollars in my bank account from what I saved vs what I would have paid to VZW.
Yes they gave me $300, but they also gave me another $675 to pay off my balance with AT&T. I profited by making the switch to T-mobile. I have never come out on top when switching carriers.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
TMO is losing money on ETF fees for sure, but their plan is to keep customers. Even with one of the lines, I bought a $15 Motorola smartphone to get a $200 credit on one line and a $15 monthly credit on the device payments and a $200 ETF fee.

That is a money loss.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
TMO is losing money on ETF fees for sure, but their plan is to keep customers. Even with one of the lines, I bought a $15 Motorola smartphone to get a $200 credit on one line and a $15 monthly credit on the device payments and a $200 ETF fee.

That is a money loss.
I believe three end game though is to steal the customers from AT&T and Verizon. So the end up making that money back and then some from new subscribers. Because their profits have been increasing just about every quarter. It was a very risky move that has proven effective for them.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Oh yeah, that is the end game for sure. They also showed that with their announcements yesterday in what they are going to do with customers and have been very vocal in their intentions in the 600 Mhz auction. They are also working with Dish a lot, that has a lot of good 600 Mhz and they have been clear they would gladly buy directly from them and have hinted at a partnership possibility, which would get them a great block of the 600 Mhz spectrum.

Also many rural areas that were closed to TMO before are opened now, to expand coverage.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Oh yeah, that is the end game for sure. They also showed that with their announcements yesterday in what they are going to do with customers and have been very vocal in their intentions in the 600 Mhz auction. They are also working with Dish a lot, that has a lot of good 600 Mhz and they have been clear they would gladly buy directly from them and have hinted at a partnership possibility, which would get them a great block of the 600 Mhz spectrum.

Also many rural areas that were closed to TMO before are opened now, to expand coverage.
I like T-mobile. I'm glad I switched.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I went back to them after 8 years, with a stint st AT&T. TMO's customer service has changed in the 8 years, that is why I left at first. I also have much better coverage with TMO than I had with AT&T or would with anyone else. I also pay a lot less for TMO for a whole lot more and better data speeds, than AT&T.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I went back to them after 8 years, with a stint st AT&T. TMO's customer service has changed in the 8 years, that is why I left at first. I also have much better coverage with TMO than I had with AT&T or would with anyone else. I also pay a lot less for TMO for a whole lot more and better data speeds, than AT&T.
It was the opposite for me. AT&T had the best coverage and data speeds in my area. I was averaging around 50 Mbps and getting upwards to 100 Mbps in some areas. I never really had to deal with customer service because I rarely had problems. But I switched to tmobile because of the unlimited data and Jump program. I will admit, in the beginning there were some growing pains. Coverage wasn't as good. Speeds weren't as fast. Had to order a signal booster for my apartment. But I have grown to appreciate T-mobile. I like that they don't cripple their smartphones. When you buy a Note you get your damn headphones with it . Unlimited data is very convenient. And I like the prices of the plans. If T-mobile continues to grow and coverage increases, I don't see any reason why I should leave them.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well with unlimited, your tether allowance will be increased to 14 gb a month and you can also get a free monthly movie rental.

How many lines do you have? They have a promo going on right now for 4 lines unlimited, for $180. It is a really good deal, $45 each.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Well with unlimited, your tether allowance will be increased to 14 gb a month and you can also get a free monthly movie rental.

How many lines do you have? They have a promo going on right now for 4 lines unlimited, for $180. It is a really good deal, $45 each.
How do you get 14GB of tethering? I have unlimited and only receive 5GB.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
How do you get 14GB of tethering? I have unlimited and only receive 5GB.

You should have 7 of tethering. With the announcements they made yesterday, they are doubling the hotspot tethering for unlimited to 14 gb. They added free video streaming and are giving that bump to unlimited because they don't have to worry about data and streaming.

Here is the info about it. This is something you can turn off and on, the video optimization.

http://www.t-mobile.com/offer/binge-on-streaming-video.html?icid=WMM_TM_Q415BNGONU_307RH9T7AUR3351

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12