I want a new phone

ybcthanerd

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
i want a new phone but it seems like less and less flagship devices are comming to carriers. I have the jump 1 program so i can get 2 phones every year. but the nexus 6p is not available, nor is the mate 8, or the nextbit. so im finding it very difficult to find a new device. i do not like samsung devices.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Have you given the LG G4 or V10 a look? Had both and very pleased with what LG is bringing to the table these days.

Posted via the Android Central App

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
The G4 is great. Had it since June. I've done a few factory resets, but I'd do that with any phone. Got the boot loop bug, but Tmo replaced it in two days. At this point, that's something you wouldn't have to deal with, that was an issue with early production. Great phone.

Also, Jerry did a great writeup on the V10 that made me think about jumping, but I'm gonna wait for the G5.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I might also suggest the Nexus 5x. I'm still thinking about getting one. I had the Nexus 5. Still my favorite phone ever. The only thing holding me back is the Snapdragon 808. It's a fine processor, it's just with a slew of phones coming out soon with new processors I can't justify the purchase. But that's the way I buy phones. Sounds like it might be just fine for you. It's also relatively cheap. I know you want to walk into a store and walk out with a new phone. Just something to consider.

ybcthanerd

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Have you given the LG G4 or V10 a look? Had both and very pleased with what LG is bringing to the table these days.

i wnt the v10 but i haven't heard about them getting the update to fix the fingerprint scanner with cases

ybcthanerd

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I might also suggest the Nexus 5x. I'm still thinking about getting one. I had the Nexus 5. Still my favorite phone ever. The only thing holding me back is the Snapdragon 808. It's a fine processor, it's just with a slew of phones coming out soon with new processors I can't justify the purchase. But that's the way I buy phones. Sounds like it might be just fine for you. It's also relatively cheap. I know you want to walk into a store and walk out with a new phone. Just something to consider.

5x is nice too small for me tho i need 5.7 in screen and up. and i dont want to pay full price for a phone. i still owe on my nexus 6. so i owuld have to pay that off. cause if u dont get a new phone u cant trade in ur old one. then i owuld have to drop another $500 on a new nexus. thats jus too much.

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I got the LG G4 and like it, but I'm ready for something new. The V10 simply wasn't a big enough leap to warrant the money. Keeping an eye on rumors of upcoming flagships and it's disappointing. Nothing is really standing out as a must have. What I read abouth the G5 and the new Samsung left me underwhelmed. I might go for the unlocked Moto X Pure Edition. No phone has it all, but for $399, the Moto is hard to beat.

ybcthanerd

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I got the v10 and it's pretty nice. I like the second screen. But soon as I put this case on the fingerprint scanner immediately stopped working

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I own the note 5 and I just love it! . I tried the LG V10 and returned it! I just didn't like the phone!.

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Honestly think the note 5 is awesome. Don't really care for TouchWiz but I love the Google now launcher. I switched from the iPhone for the note 5. Hoping to stick with it for awhile.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol