Is there any hope in getting a new T-Mobile phone after mine broke??

A

AC Question

A few months ago my phone had broke (It apparently slipped out of my pocket when I got in my car...and lucky me...I ran it over)... I didnt have the money for the $150 insurance deductible so I waited until i did. last month I called Assurant (T-Mobile's insurance) and they denied my claim because it happened months ago and I apparently had a 30 day window I was unaware of). I just didnt call because I never had the money until now. Anyway, it was denied. I had been paying insurance on the phone, the JUMP! $, PLUS the phone line all this time even though i wasnt using it. I switched to an older phone now. I am unable to JUMP! anymore either from this phone OR my broken one because of my claim.

So what happens? I am just screwed?? That is BS. I am considering cancelling/switching carriers but wanted to give them one last try. Otherwise, I will just go back to VZ or someone. My wife's phone is also on the account.

Am I able to switch her phone to something else, and give me her phone - and then jump her phone which is still able to be jumped (as in, the old one I give her...) or is the JUMP! on the actual phone itself (phone vs her line). That way I could get her Samsung S5 (which is what I HAD)....then she can take this refurb Nexus 5 of mine and jump? Or like I said, is it on the actual PHONE....and I am just screwed?

Worse comes to worse I guess I am cancelling the JUMP! AND Insurance on my lines since they are useless to me - although they seem so willing to keep charging for something i cant even use .

Is there any other way around to getting a new phone?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, you have to pay attention to the fine print, because those are the Terms of Agreement that you signed when you added insurance to the phone. Have you actually spoken with a T-Mobile rep to find out your options regarding JUMP?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01