Tmobile international roaming issue

pulpfiction78

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi- I have a Nexus 5x device and the standard Tmobile plan that includes free international 2G data. I used my previous phone - Nexus 5 - internationally several times in many countries and it worked fine.

However first trip abroad using Nexus 5x the data barely worked. I called Tmobile and they reset something and also instructed me to dial #766# to force the roaming setting at the base station. That fixed data for the night but next day, broken again. Sometimes I could get it to work by dialing #766# but it would never last long.

My main question is: any idea whether my Nexus 5X could have a hardware/software issue of sorts, or is there something going on with my Tmobile account setting?

IHateMyTreo

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
I had a similar problem with my V10 in BC. Couldn't even dial out or use data. Fixed the problem by manually selecting the network operator. Had to try different iterations of Telus, Rogers, Bell and GSM, CDMA, etc. until one clicked. Maybe you've already tried this but wanted to mention it.

Posted via the Android Central App

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I went to Japan last month and had a very good experience roaming there. It was as though I never left USA. All I had to do was turn on the roaming toggle in my settings in my Nexus 6p