T-Mobile Now Shows Actual Data VS. Billed Data

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So I randomly logged into my T-Mobile account and noticed something new. T-Mobile now shows "actual" data usage (the entire amount you're using) versus the billed data. I enjoy the change simply because people who may have joined T-Mobile due to tons of music streaming or whatever can actually see what they would be using if outside of T-Mobile.

If they're using BingOn -- this still counts. My only concern there is the video is automatically being downed to 480P so the actual would only show for that.. So if they went to Verizon / AT&T / elsewhere they could be using more on Video if they don't think about changing it to 480P.

Just wanted to post the change :).

Attachments

• tmonewdatausage.png
    tmonewdatausage.png
    48.5 KB · Views: 64

Indyrobb

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
So the two numbers 17.6 vs 20.6 (rough, I didn't remember the exact amounts) are the billed vs total? Or are they showing total only?

When I logged into the mobile site it's still the same ol same ol. Didn't have a computer nearby to try full desktop and chrome sometimes refuses to load some sites that way on my phone.

BTW have you have noticed that on mobile, you get date and times for data usage but full site you didn't? But on full site, you can choose to filter things, say how much data was used on a particular day, or texts sent on a day. I just wish both were available on both sites. ☺️

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So the two numbers 17.6 vs 20.6 (rough, I didn't remember the exact amounts) are the billed vs total? Or are they showing total only?

17 GB is my "high speed" data used. 20 GB is my actual data used. Basically the 3 GB of Google Play Music I have listened to isn't count against my T-Mobile "high-speed" data.

jlarkins08

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I love that T-MO does this.. It's very useful for people who are thinking about switching carriers.. Customers can compare their usage overall to other carrier plans.. I notice the change last night myself when I logged in to check my usage..

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Mine reads 473.09MB for "total" and 0 for "Total On-Network Data."

Meanwhile, the main page dashboard shows 0.89GB.

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I second the full site issue. I've had that issue with mobile browsers since forever. There are some sites (actually a fair number) that simply refuse to render in desktop view no matter what I do. This makes doing "real" work difficult as many sites require you to use desktop mode to access all options/complete some tasks. Just one reason why having a phone as my only source of internet access simply can't work.

Indyrobb

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Coming from sprint, I'll have to say that I'm thankful for some of the tools offered by tmobile. I love the sms logging and the data by time - helps me keep tabs on things I need to. Although I did see that sprint may be offering sms logging soon if not already.

Posted via the Android Central App

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Binge On does not work for me. I know I have the simple plan still a major lie saying I have it but I don't.
You can see I use nothing but Music Freedom using Play Music, DI, RadioTunes etc. I am under Tony.
My mother uses Music Freedom too just iHeart Radio. She is under Jeannette.
My father uses "Binge On" YouTube which as you see does not work.
2016-05-30_154324.png
Anyway sorry for posting this again at least now with the true usage page I can now see that I am not cracking up saying I know I did not use any mobile data it suppose to be included but it is not. What would be perfect if T-Mobile can actually show you broken down by app how many "free" data and mobile data is used but it is a start.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Binge On does not work for me. I know I have the simple plan still a major lie saying I have it but I don't.
You can see I use nothing but Music Freedom using Play Music, DI, RadioTunes etc. I am under Tony.
My mother uses Music Freedom too just iHeart Radio. She is under Jeannette.
My father uses "Binge On" YouTube which as you see does not work.
View attachment 228929
Anyway sorry for posting this again at least now with the true usage page I can now see that I am not cracking up saying I know I did not use any mobile data it suppose to be included but it is not. What would be perfect if T-Mobile can actually show you broken down by app how many "free" data and mobile data is used but it is a start.

Just as a note here: You have the 2gb plan. That gets you the part of binge-on that "optimizes" your video data so you can stream more, however to get the part that you don't get charged for the data, you need to be on a higher plan...

Every Simple Choice customer can watch up to 3 times more video with your data plan with Binge On enabled. If you have 3GB of data or more, stream from your favorite steaming services like YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Sling, ESPN, Showtime, Starz and more for free, without using your 4G LTE data. The more data you have the more benefits you get.
Bold Line.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-24291#subhead2
Above link has the main point You'll need there.

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
First they don't even offer a 3GB plan no more. Second 6GB with roll over I would not even need Binge On. Binge On is a big scam and is just a bait and switch when people with lower plans think they have it but they don't. As long as they don't mess with Music Freedom requiring there so called 3GB or more plan and/or throttle that down to lower bit-rate streams then I don't really care as I refuse to watch sub 480p videos on my phone with there Binge On. I am not farsighted unlike 60% of the population. I can easily tell the difference. As for my father if he gets throttled then it is his fault for turning off Wifi all the time on his phone at home.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Binge On is a big scam and is just a bait and switch when people with lower plans think they have it but they don't.

I don't get where you're getting this but I guess some are entitled to their opinion. While I may not be a fan of it .. the service works for those on lower plans. I have a few buddies who use it and they don't use much data at all even though they watch YouTube like crazy.

The trade off is 480P for no data. I have unlimited so I keep it off and watch in full HD.

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I don't get where you're getting this but I guess some are entitled to their opinion. While I may not be a fan of it .. the service works for those on lower plans. I have a few buddies who use it and they don't use much data at all even though they watch YouTube like crazy.

The trade off is 480P for no data. I have unlimited so I keep it off and watch in full HD.
You might be right. My father watches a lot of YouTube and he is farsighted and he rare hits over a 1gb. Me nearsighted watch videos in HD so it is wifi for me or nothing.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You might be right. My father watches a lot of YouTube and he is farsighted and he rare hits over a 1gb. Me nearsighted watch videos in HD so it is wifi for me or nothing.

Well I am saying I am right based on the fact they couldn't legally say "we zero the data if on a qualified plan" and then charge people for it. There would be a huge issue there. They key fact would be a "qualified" plan. If on that then the data shouldn't count.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca