Oh Happy Day!! Band 12/Extended Range in Chicago!!

Cameronj86

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
I can't wait...

... or actually I can wait since the earliest that we'll see Band 12 is in Q4 2016 lol. The additional band gives me a reason to buy a new phone this holiday season at least.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I can't wait...

... or actually I can wait since the earliest that we'll see Band 12 is in Q4 2016 lol. The additional band gives me a reason to buy a new phone this holiday season at least.

Yeah they don't have it where I live. If I travel to Orlando I see it but luckily band 4 where I live isn't too crowded. I average 30-50 Mbps around town. My "high spikes" are like the ones below (while on a VoLTE call as well lol).

Attachments

• 1464461540225.jpg
    1464461540225.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 68

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Only problem is: Many phones that have band 12 support have it disabled because the manufacturers don't care to go through TMO's torturous, expensive qualification process. So, for those who wish to BYOD: Band 12 is often utterly worthless.

But I guess I can get free pizza
shake.gif

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Only problem is: Many phones that have band 12 support have it disabled because the manufacturers don't care to go through TMO's torturous, expensive qualification process. So, for those who wish to BYOD: Band 12 is often utterly worthless.

But I guess I can get free pizza http://www.LinxNet.com/misc/smilies/shake.gif

Which phones are disabled? A few non-carrier variants were disabled but IIRC they have been enabled since then.

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
The part where they screwed it up. Mine is fine.
They screwed up VoLTE support. On certain networks, most notably T-Mobile's, enabling VoLTE results in call break-up. Reportedly so badly, sometimes, that it's difficult, or even impossible, to conduct a conversation. Lenovorola's work-around: Disable VoLTE. CSRs have told callers that they have no plans to fix this in MM. So, while band 12 is enabled on the MXPE, and VoLTE is certified on TMO's network, the latter isn't necessarily usable.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
They screwed up VoLTE support. On certain networks, most notably T-Mobile's, enabling VoLTE results in call break-up. Reportedly so badly, sometimes, that it's difficult, or even impossible, to conduct a conversation. Lenovorola's work-around: Disable VoLTE. CSRs have told callers that they have no plans to fix this in MM. So, while band 12 is enabled on the MXPE, and VoLTE is certified on TMO's network, the latter isn't necessarily usable.
Do you mean on certain phones? I only ask since VoLTE works fine for me on the past few phones.

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Do you mean on certain phones? I only ask since VoLTE works fine for me on the past few phones.
Lenovorola disabled Band 12 support on all 2015 (3rd gen) Moto E/G/X phones that initially had it, except for the Moto X Pure Edition. On the MXPE they bungled VoLTE support such that users of certain networks, most notably T-Mobile's, experience call breakup that is sometimes so bad a call cannot be maintained. Lenovorola's work-around for the problem is to disable VoLTE. According to users who've called: Their CSRs have stated Lenovorola has no plans to address the issue until (and unless?) they release Android Nougat for the MXPE, which may (or may not) happen sometime this fall. Another user who called claimed a Lenovorola CSR told him they've had few complaints about the problem, the implication being they don't regard it as particularly pressing.

Here's the thread on Lenovorola's site: Choppy call audio after MM upgrade w/VoLTE

FWIW: I have a colleague at work with an MXPE on TMO. He's experienced the problem. His next phone won't be a Lenovorola device.

Nor, it's increasingly likely, will be mine.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Lenovorola disabled Band 12 support on all 2015 (3rd gen) Moto E/G/X phones that initially had it, except for the Moto X Pure Edition. On the MPXE they bungled VoLTE support such that users of certain networks, most notably T-Mobile's, experience call breakup that is sometimes so bad a call cannot be maintained. Lenovorola's work-around for the problem is to disable VoLTE. According to users who've called: Their CSRs have stated Lenovorola has no plans to address the issue until (and unless?) they release Android Nougat for the MXPE, which may (or may not) happen sometime this fall. Another user who called claimed a Lenovorola CSR told him they've had few complaints about the problem, the implication being they don't regard it as particularly pressing.

Here's the thread on Lenovorola's site: Choppy call audio after MM upgrade w/VoLTE

FWIW: I have a colleague at work with an MXPE on TMO. He's experienced the problem. His next phone won't be a Lenovorola device.

Nor, it's increasingly likely, will be mine.
Sounds like a Lenovorola problem since others have it working.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC