T-Mobile vows to match Verizon's coverage in next 12 months

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That is a bold statement to make. If they don't do it well .. it will suck for their public image / promise. If they do it will be a win for customers :).

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah some buildings hurt. Usually hospitals and such is where I can see LTE outside and then nothing inside. Stores / malls seem to be fine for my area though.
I'm wondering if in the case of hospitals the equipment in each room throwing out interference is another reason for bad signal reception.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering if in the case of hospitals the equipment in each room throwing out interference is another reason for bad signal reception.

Very well could be a possibility. My work I get an okay signal at my desk (between 105-110). Not the best but enough to really stream anything (~20 Mbps down) and I work in a Category 5 hurricane proof building. Today though I had to get X-Ray's of my foot .. Walked inside the hospital and it dropped down to GPRS or whatever it is called from LTE. Walk by the window and get LTE. Something about that building it hated lol.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If their rise from barely able to connect on 3g, to darn near solid 4g around here (except at my house it seems!!), in just the past 18 months, I don't see why they can't get close to Verizon in coverage, or even surpass them if they can branch off into the rural areas (strategic mergers with small regional carriers?)

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Very well could be a possibility. My work I get an okay signal at my desk (between 105-110). Not the best but enough to really stream anything (~20 Mbps down) and I work in a Category 5 hurricane proof building. Today though I had to get X-Ray's of my foot .. Walked inside the hospital and it dropped down to GPRS or whatever it is called from LTE. Walk by the window and get LTE. Something about that building it hated lol.

I get the exact opposite of that in areas that have Band 12 LTE turned on. It punches through the buildings really well. My desk at work, is 15ft from the outside wall. On my old M8, I would have no service at my desk, but just a couple feet to the right of me, I would have solid 3g/4g. On my M9, Note 4/5, I have solid band 12 lte at my desk, and all throughout the office area (except one corridor, but NOBODY [coworkers have VZW, Sprint and AT&T, they all drop] gets coverage back there).

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I get the exact opposite of that in areas that have Band 12 LTE turned on. It punches through the buildings really well. My desk at work, is 15ft from the outside wall. On my old M8, I would have no service at my desk, but just a couple feet to the right of me, I would have solid 3g/4g. On my M9, Note 4/5, I have solid band 12 lte at my desk, and all throughout the office area (except one corridor, but NOBODY [coworkers have VZW, Sprint and AT&T, they all drop] gets coverage back there).

There is no band 12 in my area. Just 4 & 2.

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
There's 2 places we frequent in California I'd love to see better T-Mobile LTE service.
Everyone up there on Verizon talks and surfs all day while we enjoy the view.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
And their building penetration...
I work in a central plant solid concrete 2 stories underground. I get 3 bars out of 5 or about -110db or so via band 4 lte. Hard to believe even for me that I'm getting signal there. Only other carrier that has LTE connection in my work area is AT&T. Verizon and Sprint Nada.
Plus it looks like Hawaii market will get band 12 q4 2016 or q1 2017. To be honest I don't even think we need band 12 here? But heck I'll take it lol

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I work in a central plant solid concrete 2 stories underground. I get 3 bars out of 5 or about -110db or so via band 4 lte. Hard to believe even for me that I'm getting signal there. Only other carrier that has LTE connection in my work area is AT&T. Verizon and Sprint Nada.
Plus it looks like Hawaii market will get band 12 q4 2016 or q1 2017. To be honest I don't even think we need band 12 here? But heck I'll take it lol
So much of performance depends on your specific location. TMobile and att suck at my work

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Oh man, just wait until they get band 12 lit up there! The wondrous joys of 700mhz will bathe you in areas you didn't think possible ;)

anon(9898026)

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
I'm happy with my att line so plan to keep it. My 2nd line was prepaid on Verizon but after testing T-Mobile out it became my second line. I'm impressed with the improvements T-Mobile has done in the past year or two

Posted via the Android Central App