What are the advantage(s)/disadvantage(s) of moving from the Unlimited Simple Choice plan to the Unlimited One plan?
    02-18-2017 08:35 PM
    Well, you get 3 more GB on tether. Other than that, the two are pretty much identical... And on the new plan, you might be open to more promotions.

I was on the same promo plan, but I added two free lines during the Magenta Friday promo back in November, so I'm not going anywhere. But if I didn't have those two lines, I'd convert.
    02-18-2017 09:03 PM
    Well, you get 3 more GB on tether. Other than that, the two are pretty much identical... And on the new plan, you might be open to more promotions.

I was on the same promo plan, but I added two free lines during the Magenta Friday promo back in November, so I'm not going anywhere. But if I didn't have those two lines, I'd convert.
    I was mistaken, I actually have an older unlimited plan ($80 then $20 for each unlimited line with only 5GB hotspot) than the 2/$100 promo. I only stayed on it due to having a corporate discount. From what I've read is that I will lose my discount, due to it being a promo, but will end up a little cheaper on the ONE regardless. I'm just hesitant to join the ONE and lose my discount then they pull the rug from beneath me.
    02-19-2017 01:48 AM
    I'm just hesitant to join the ONE and lose my discount then they pull the rug from beneath me.
    Well, T-Mobile has a recent history of not messing with legacy plans... Even to the point of including those older plans on new promos.
    02-20-2017 08:43 PM
    The only advantage I see on the ONE plan is the autopay payment which will includes the taxes and fees on your monthly bill making your bill an even $70 for single line or $100 for 2 lines.

IMO there's no real disadvantages to the ONE plan compared to the simple choice plan - because TMobile was already reducing streaming video quality at this point.
    05-31-2017 11:27 PM
    Well, T-Mobile has a recent history of not messing with legacy plans... Even to the point of including those older plans on new promos.
    From what I have been reading, some people get baited into ONE plans and lose their free lines and/or end up paying more than they were told they would. So TMO doesn't exactly make it easy for everyone.

And the recent promos have largely been ONE or Simple Choice Unlimited.
    06-01-2017 01:49 PM
    It basicly same thing remember use less than 2 gb save 20 dollars. I dtill rather have a 30 dollar month plan and save sata
    06-02-2017 06:48 PM
    Or get 2 lines metro 60 for both with 2 gb a piece. Use less data save 40 dollars a month. I think unlimited is dumb. Today us the last day in my month i used 1.18 gb. Also i count wifi data whuch starts on the first and i just hit 2.5 gb. So in short i am a low data yser.
    06-06-2017 02:54 AM
    I am for one totally against T-Mobile one as it is only one plan stupid unlimited for everyone. Yes they have kick back if you use less than two gigabytes but that's still $60 a month and that's just too much. Can't put everyone in One category where some people might use 10 gigabytes of data per month I wouldn't even use one
    06-06-2017 02:55 AM
    I am for one totally against T-Mobile one as it is only one plan stupid unlimited for everyone. Yes they have kick back if you use less than two gigabytes but that's still $60 a month and that's just too much. Can't put everyone in One category where some people might use 10 gigabytes of data per month I wouldn't even use one
    You might be better off with prepaid options, or Project Fi (if that's your thing.)

TMO has all but yielded the low data usage market the way they're priced right now.
    06-07-2017 01:15 AM
    When they launched One, Legere said that if someone needed a low priced, low data cap plan, there was always MetroPCS, a MVNO subsidiary of theirs.
    06-11-2017 04:01 AM
    Yeah seriously tell me about it. Unlimited is just a way to make people pay more money per month and use data watching videos and doing movies and stupid stuff they don't need to do or that's my opinion. Would much rather go to Metro and get my two lines for $50. Now that right there is what I call a deal. Oh and by the way I'm 21 years old so not everyone is a data hog. I guess you could call me a conservative person. Why in the world would I want to pay $50 more for two lines and what I have to that is an extra $600 a year and I just refuse to do that. I only use about 1 GB of data per month. So why the world do I need unlimited and I bet you'll I'm not the only one. T-Mobile is making a mistake by only offering one plan it's like thinking we are all sheep and we all want the same thing. We do not all want the same thing everyone has different needs and stuff like that.
    06-19-2017 04:39 AM
    I'm just saying I hate the whole team over one thing but I really like MetroPCS right now and Cricket as well but I probably go to boost just because I liked the support Sprint because they still care about options. You cannot classify everyone into the same category just because one person might use 15 GB of data per month doesn't mean I don't want to. Example for me my cellular bill cycle restarted on the 7th of this month and I have used 554 megabytes of data. On my home Wi-Fi which my app my data manager tells me that I have used 13.2 GB of data on Wi-Fi. This is streaming audio books and stuff on YouTube for at least 2 hours a day. I don't need to do that on cellular data I have home Wi-Fi at home and I wouldn't even be away long enough to do something like that on my phone. So what I'm saying is even a couple times streaming YouTube All Night Long here it is almost the 20th of the month and I've only used 13 GB on Wi-Fi. So unlimited data is so unnecessary it's not like you can't live without
    06-19-2017 04:43 AM
    I'm just saying I hate the whole team over one thing but I really like MetroPCS right now and Cricket as well but I probably go to boost just because I liked the support Sprint because they still care about options. You cannot classify everyone into the same category just because one person might use 15 GB of data per month doesn't mean I don't want to. Example for me my cellular bill cycle restarted on the 7th of this month and I have used 554 megabytes of data. On my home Wi-Fi which my app my data manager tells me that I have used 13.2 GB of data on Wi-Fi. This is streaming audio books and stuff on YouTube for at least 2 hours a day. I don't need to do that on cellular data I have home Wi-Fi at home and I wouldn't even be away long enough to do something like that on my phone. So what I'm saying is even a couple times streaming YouTube All Night Long here it is almost the 20th of the month and I've only used 13 GB on Wi-Fi. So unlimited data is so unnecessary it's not like you can't live without
    Well unnecessary for your needs that you described yes.. you said you aren't gone long from home.. you're lucky for that. I have to go to work 40+ hours every week. That's just work.. not even leasure with friends at a bar or a hobby.

So as you said for you .. you don't need unlimited. You not needing it doesn't mean others are in the same boat by any means.
    06-19-2017 04:17 PM
    All those places have Wi-Fi.
    06-23-2017 04:09 AM
    All those places have Wi-Fi.
    How can you tell me what my work has? Lol :P. Also no they don't all have WiFi. The one bar down the road (Chilis) doesn't have WiFi when we go there .. hence my friends on Sprint asking me for my hotspot.

I get you don't like mobile data (for some reason) but you're in the minority versus the rest of the country. That's fine if you don't need it but you're definitely not with us in the majority. You're also not part of what the carriers are doing which is building out their networks with more capacity and technologies to ensure they can deliver mobile data like they do now.
    smallville kc likes this.
    06-23-2017 11:07 AM