T-Mobile in Kansas

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I am curious if others in Kansas on the forum with T-Mobile would share their experience? I have Verizon and T-Mobile would save me about $50 per month but I do not want to switch if I will lose good service.

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Where in Kansas are you? I was with T-Mo for 13 years and got fed up with the fact that there is dead spot on the Kansas turnpike from about mile 185 to 190. If we were headed to Lawrence we had to remember to call before we got to the "Dead Zone". T-Mobile also didn't seem to reach into our neighborhood Dillons store so if I had to call home from there to see if we needed anything besides milk, I had to be at the front of the store in order to get a signal.

I finally went with Consumers Cellular and save $100 a month for our three lines with no dead spots.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Where in Kansas are you? I was with T-Mo for 13 years and got fed up with the fact that there is dead spot on the Kansas turnpike from about mile 185 to 190. If we were headed to Lawrence we had to remember to call before we got to the "Dead Zone". T-Mobile also didn't seem to reach into our neighborhood Dillons store so if I had to call home from there to see if we needed anything besides milk, I had to be at the front of the store in order to get a signal.

I finally went with Consumers Cellular and save $100 a month for our three lines with no dead spots.
I am in Emporia, KS.

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
ConCell is not for everyone. If you are a big data user then it could get expensive. We try to use WiFi as much as we can and I set my talk text and data limits as low as possible and if at the end of the month I find we are going to exceed a limit I bump it up. They will text you when you are getting close.

Heck, ConCell offers a 30 day "try it free" plan so you might want to give it a shot. I called them and got a SIM in the mail, popped it in my extra Moto X and after activating it drove over to the supermarket and walked to the back of the store: three bars!. I even had a stronger signal at my house comparing my two Moto Xs. The next day I called ConCell and told them to cancel my trial number, switch our three numbers and tell T-Mo to kiss off. That was two years ago and I haven't regretted it.

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
If Verizon is confirmed to work well for you coverage/speeds-wise OP, isn't Verizon's new UDP an option for you? The difference between Verizon and TMO for a single line is $10+whatever you pay in taxes.

Also, Verizon offers non-unlimited tiers, so if you're on a budget and don't use too much data, there are options. TMO doesn't offer as many options (unlimited for $70, 2GB for $60...if that's still around after the latest re-shuffle.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay