T-Mobile Unpaid Phone

bmhillegass87

Q&A Team
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi Francisco! Welcome to the Android Central Forums!

I have pretty good experience with this as T-Mobile is my primary carrier. If you have a T-Mobile activated nano-sim you should be able to pop it right in there. However, there could be a couple red flags:

1. If it has an outstanding balance, it can absolutely work on a different T-Mobile account (yours) as long as the device continues to be paid on/the account it was purchased on is in good standing. The minute that account defaults on the device payment after a certain amount of unpaid time that IMEI for the iPhone 7 will get blacklisted. Do you have have the IMEI by chance? If so, you can message me privately and I can send it through a checker to see if its whitelisted for now.

2. Usually, a device bought on payment plans are locked to that particular carrier (there are exceptions like I have a Pixel on a Verizon payment plan but a T-Mobile sim in it and it functions great). If you put a sim from another carrier in there it wouldn't hurt anything but you you would likely get a message stating that the sim is incompatible with the device.

Your biggest issue will be if the device has already been blacklisted with that remaining balance. If its still in good standing you should have no issues popping your personal T-Mobile sim in. Its not guaranteed to work forever though if the person defaults on their payment.

Hope this helps!

bmhillegass87

Q&A Team
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
That makes sense. In my first post I mentioned that if it has remaining T-Mobile payments its locked to that particular carrier. You would need to be a T-Mobile subscriber in order to utilize the device while its still being paid for.

bmhillegass87

Q&A Team
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
This is a great suggestion! However, I personally have not had any success with using any of the major carriers on a recent device that has been purchased through T-Mo's payment plan except to put it on my T-Mobile account.

pinkivy98

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I know it will work with MetroPCS. When I purchased a new EIP phone I have given two MetroPCS family members my old Tmo phone that I was still paying on and they worked.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy