Cellspot

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
My sisters S8 proved I have poor T-Mobile service at my house. Outside​ on the north side I had a couple of bars of 4g LTE. The south side had E. And inside had E except for my kitchen briefly had LTE but a speed test proved it was slow.

Would a cellspot do me any good? I would assume the cellspot would need to have decent signal where it sits. Does T-mobile have a speed booster?

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
TMO has three devices that are called "Cellspot." You can read about them here.

Understand that should you choose the "4G LTE Cellspot" option, you will become the local TMO tower for up to 16 devices in the specified range. May not be a good idea if you have a capped plan through your ISP. You cannot control who connects to this Cellspot and at what speed.

But it sounds like you have bad speeds/LTE coverage beyond just your house. Given the relatively short range of these three options, I'm not sure TMO is a good option for you. Maybe try finding out which carrier has the best speeds/coverage in your area and look up their prepaid/MVNO options if price is a consideration.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I switched to T-Mobile in march. Most of the places I went I had decent coverage. However at work I had horrible service. Insist he's back to Verizon as well. Just waiting to pay off my wife's line from T-Mobile then I will switch her as well. Loving the unlimited data on Verizon also.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have the LTE booster and it works great... I had a weak LTE signal at my house, but it was enough for the booster to do it's thing... It went from a -115 dbm signal to between -90 and -100, depending on where in my house I am. But that is at least a -15 dbm improvement, which is huge.

All you need is a place where the base unit can get a LTE connection, it'll take that and boost it enough to avoid a power sapping mobile signal... Speeds aren't great (the booster can't help that), but I use it to reduce the power consumption... Data is over my WiFi.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci