What are your thoughts on the Sprint & T-Mobile Merger?

anon(9898026)

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
What will it look like? Will it be a fiasco or do you think it would work out in the end? None of us know for sure even if it does happen but what are your thoughts on it?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Agree with others saying T-Mobile controlling it,it will work out fine

If Sprint controls it ,personally I will be looking for another service

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: What are your thoughts on the Sprint & T-Mobile Merger?

It would be a fiasco, because like the 2 last mergers with T-Mobile, first being at&t in which Legere demanded a break up fee and did everything to make it happen, in which they benefited. The 2nd merger was going to be the same conditions again but Masa wasn't playing Legere's game and it was called off. People should stop with the merger rumors, they really starting to get old.

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

@kg4icg long time no see, my friend.

I'm against a merger from a consumer standpoint. Fewer choices rarely--if ever--benefit the customer (just look at Canada as an example,) not to mention the job loss/cutbacks these things tend to bring.

anon(9898026)

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site

It would be a fiasco, because like the 2 last mergers with T-Mobile, first being at&t in which Legere demanded a break up fee and did everything to make it happen, in which they benefited. The 2nd merger was going to be the same conditions again but Masa wasn't playing Legere's game and it was called off. People should stop with the merger rumors, they really starting to get old.

It could happen though could be right around the corner

cell adviser

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
I wish they'd hurry up and know for sure. I buy and resell electronics for a living. Someone wants to sell me an iPad Pro 9.7 inch and I think I can make a pretty decent profit on it. They asked $300 and I saw on going between $390 to 400 and $50 but I feel very skeptical about selling one if shrimp may not exist much longer but they didn't get it unlocked so should work on other carriers too just very skeptical of doing with the uncertain future of

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I wish they'd hurry up and know for sure. I buy and resell electronics for a living. Someone wants to sell me an iPad Pro 9.7 inch and I think I can make a pretty decent profit on it. They asked $300 and I saw on going between $390 to 400 and $50 but I feel very skeptical about selling one if shrimp may not exist much longer but they didn't get it unlocked so should work on other carriers too just very skeptical of doing with the uncertain future of

Well the merger talks.. and if the merger happens it being complete won't be done for a long time so this iPad Pro deal will be long gone for you before they come to their decision or finalize anything.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
From what I've read it will be T-Mobile as the controlling company. I believe in 2013 it was Sprint that wanted to buy out T-Mobile but since Sprint is in a financial downward spiral, T-Mobile now wants to acquire them.

I hope that T-Mobile comes out on top in this one.