Will they work?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I would guess both should work, but the Axon might have more of the bands that TMo has than the S7 does.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Axon 7 does work but wifi calling (if you need) is spotty at best, at least it was for me.

My A7 camera was dying so I switched to an unlocked S8 and it locks in a great signal, even better than the A7 did. Plus wifi calling is solid so far.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
verizon is CDMA... where as tmobile is GSM so Idk if they will be capable of their full potential.
That is true for the legacy networks but with LTE being more robust these phones can run on LTE more then the older GSM and CDMA networks.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes it will work. We have an unlocked 6 from AT&T on TMO. Seems to work pretty well. But just be warned that with any unlocked phone, I've found that it's hit and miss. Reception may be lacking, wifi calling can be hit and miss.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
That is true for the legacy networks but with LTE being more robust these phones can run on LTE more then the older GSM and CDMA networks.

To elaborate on that, LTE (Long Term Evolution) is the evolution of GSM. If you're on Verizon, and it shows "lte", you're not using the cdma radio at all. In fact the new HTC U11 is certified to work with Verizon, and it doesn't even have CDMA radios. There are very few areas that Verizon covers, that rely on it's legacy CDMA network. Also as part of their bid for frequencies a couple years back, they were required to not lock their phones down (sim lock). So you can pick up a Verizon phone, throw an ATT or T-Mobile (or really any of the hundreds of global carriers), and it'll work. As always, make sure the phone you're using supports the frequencies that your chosen carrier is using.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
To elaborate on that, LTE (Long Term Evolution) is the evolution of GSM. If you're on Verizon, and it shows "lte", you're not using the cdma radio at all. In fact the new HTC U11 is certified to work with Verizon, and it doesn't even have CDMA radios. There are very few areas that Verizon covers, that rely on it's legacy CDMA network. Also as part of their bid for frequencies a couple years back, they were required to not lock their phones down (sim lock). So you can pick up a Verizon phone, throw an ATT or T-Mobile (or really any of the hundreds of global carriers), and it'll work. As always, make sure the phone you're using supports the frequencies that your chosen carrier is using.

Well yeah -- I know you aren't using CDMA that is why I said these phones can run on LTE so it isn't as big of a deal as it was when LTE wasn't the main player :).

Also yes that still stands. Verizon phones still come unlocked due to their spectrum agreement they made.