New to TMobile. having problems sending MMS

Jim Williams

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I just switched to T Mobile from ATT. I've been using the same factory unlocked Samsung GS8 for the last year or so. No problems on ATT. Since switching, sending pictures via text takes forever. A simple message sends quick, but a picture takes a long time. Eventually, it sends, but it takes awhile. I use TExtra as my texting app. I can send a picture very slightly faster with the stock messaging app, but not much.

My APN settings are correct.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help on this,
Jim

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is your mobile data speed otherwise normal when web browsing or using web-connected apps?

IHateMyTreo

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
what is the file size you are sending? Does your S8 automatically compress photos for MMS use? If not, have you tried an app like Photo Compress?

Gdraft#WN

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I had a similar issue with my Pixel. I took it to a store and they changed my APN, but still had issues.

Several days later logged into the web site and looked at APN settings for Pixel, changed then and everything works great

Jim Williams

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I had a similar issue with my Pixel. I took it to a store and they changed my APN, but still had issues.

Several days later logged into the web site and looked at APN settings for Pixel, changed then and everything works great
Hmm. Was just on with tech support. They changed. Ged apn number and still no love. I don't k ow what to do...

Nov 8, 2016
Visit site
I just switched to T Mobile from ATT. I've been using the same factory unlocked Samsung GS8 for the last year or so. No problems on ATT. Since switching, sending pictures via text takes forever. A simple message sends quick, but a picture takes a long time. Eventually, it sends, but it takes awhile. I use TExtra as my texting app. I can send a picture very slightly faster with the stock messaging app, but not much.

My APN settings are correct.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help on this,
Jim

Before we can help, we need you to clarify what phone model you have. Glaxy s8 has not been out more than 6 months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy