I am as happy as can be with T-Mobile instead of Verizon.

LGMOfield

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I have switched 1 line of my Sprint to T-Mobile 55+ to compare and for the most part coverage is about the same.I live in Western Ky., both don't do well in a rural area I am in on Sunday however T-Mobile is so much faster than Sprint.
I am making all my comparisons with a T-Mobile LG G3 ( rooted running 8.1)vs a Sprint LG v20 (7.0)

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Well 1 year ago I took 1 of my Verizon lines, and put it on T-mobile to compare. I carried 2 phones everywhere and found that not only was T-mobile just as good 60% of the time, but I actually got better and faster reception than Verizon 40% . So when T-mobile offered the 55plus plan, my wife opened an account with my daughter, and I opened an account with my phone on 1 line, and my tablet on another. The total cost of my bill with verizon was 245.00 month. That's unlimited talk, text, and 10 gigs data. My new bill with T-mobile, 120.00 month, all unlimited, and all inclusive. So I'm saving 1500.00 per year. I'm loving it. Very very very happy. See ya verizon.
We switched to TMO a year ago and were pretty happy but hubby had some issues in some areas he traveled to. But we kept trudging on. Then he switched jobs and now goes to areas less coverage by TMO. I called TMO cuz we were going to have to switch back to VZW for the coverage.

The TMO rep suggested a new phone (V30 on BOGO) with a certain band cuz hubby's was several years old and he didn't have that band. He would give us 20 days to try it and no restocking fee if it didn't work.

He also reduced our bill and even with the new phones we're paying $31 less monthly bill.

It worked! I personally would have liked a Note but the V30 is ok. We are back to being happy TMO customers.

Thenepkp

May 22, 2018
Visit site
T-mobile makes Verizon, Sprint, AT&T and Boost all look sick, when comparing customer service, speed and coverage, cost (55+ plan is unbeatable for 2 lines) and deals on equipment! Finally, really unlimited high-speed data for a reasonable price! Bye-bye cable, too! Especially, the customer service. You can get to talk to a human being in a minute, without having to waste your time with delays you get with automatic answering machines. I wish I had changed years ago, I would have saved $1000's and been much happier! I forgot to mention that I live on the first floor of my apartment building and I have not been able to get a good signal inside the apartment with any carrier, but T-mobile has free ($25 deposit) signal boosters and they make all the difference for signal strength and speed. My upload speed is twice as fast as the wired cable internet was and the download speed is about the same. The future is only going to get better and better for every kind of technology!

Last edited:

ajbrad71

May 28, 2011
Visit site
thinking of leaving Sprint. been with them since 2007. with that new military plan I will save over a hundred dollars a month.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I was 27 years with Verizon and their pricing is way out of line anymore. TMO might not have the coverage but it’s good enough for me don’t see a real difference just in the price.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I was 27 years with Verizon and their pricing is way out of line anymore. TMO might not have the coverage but it’s good enough for me don’t see a real difference just in the price.

Just varies based on lines and such. My line is 33 bucks a month on Verizon. Hard to complain for that price.

Hypnotoadd

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
This post is a little off topic, but I have a related question to the post I quoted. Right now we just have 2 phones, but hubby has been getting more & more interested in a Google/Android watch. When he ends up getting one - does it have to be added to our phone plan, or does it piggyback onto his phone's data plan? We currently have Google Fi, but later this month I turn 55 so we're thinking of switching to TMobile's 55+ plan. Reading this post, it occurred to me that a watch might have to be added as a 3rd device?
Yep. 9 lines + 3 apple watches.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
This post is a little off topic, but I have a related question to the post I quoted. Right now we just have 2 phones, but hubby has been getting more & more interested in a Google/Android watch. When he ends up getting one - does it have to be added to our phone plan, or does it piggyback onto his phone's data plan? We currently have Google Fi, but later this month I turn 55 so we're thinking of switching to TMobile's 55+ plan. Reading this post, it occurred to me that a watch might have to be added as a 3rd device?

For most (like Verizon/T-Mobile) you add it as an "Add-On Device" which means it attaches to your plan but still is its own "line" -- but without costing the full amount for a line. Such as it is a $20/line to add lines to my plan but $10 for wearables. Same with T-Mobile. They quote $15 for the watch and then -$5 with autopay so basically $10 a month for that watch to have LTE.

credo

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I left Verizon for T-mobile. 3 lines. Lower bill, unlimited data, & employees at corporate stores seem more familiar with their own products/plans.
I live north of Boston. Coverage is great. seems to have greatly improved from when my friends used the carrier years ago.
I also save money by having T-mobile cover my Netflix bill.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I got rid of my 3 lines for $100 and am now just down to one line for $70. I felt like I had to buy new phones every year for each line so hopefully this will make me cut down from 4-5 phones each year to maybe 1-2. I also cancelled my watch plan even though I still had two months to go. T-Mobile seems to have a bug that when you cancel the phone plan just before the 3 month trial is up, you can sign up again in a month or two for another 3 month trial.

I had my Series 3 watch for almost a year and never paid for a single month of service on the watch. I had three, three month trials.

I'm cancelling my AT&T line tomorrow when the new month starts and I'll just hang onto the T-Mobile and Verizon lines, that way I can still keep two phones like I've always used.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I got rid of my 3 lines for $100 and am now just down to one line for $70. I felt like I had to buy new phones every year for each line so hopefully this will make me cut down from 4-5 phones each year to maybe 1-2. I also cancelled my watch plan even though I still had two months to go. T-Mobile seems to have a bug that when you cancel the phone plan just before the 3 month trial is up, you can sign up again in a month or two for another 3 month trial.

I had my Series 3 watch for almost a year and never paid for a single month of service on the watch. I had three, three month trials.

I'm cancelling my AT&T line tomorrow when the new month starts and I'll just hang onto the T-Mobile and Verizon lines, that way I can still keep two phones like I've always used.

IDK how you do it. I can't have more then one phone at a time and definitely can't pay for 2 lines when I only need one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax