SIM card question

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
We just got new phones and although we're already a customer with existing SIM cards in our old phones TMO sent SIMS in the boxes.

If I put our existing SIMS in the new phones to activate them are we still going to be charged activation fees?

Thanks!
Deb

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that the T-mobile site charges $25 for a SIM starter kit. If I go into the store to upgrade, will they charge me tho I have one already?

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that the T-mobile site charges $25 for a SIM starter kit. If I go into the store to upgrade, will they charge me tho I have one already?

I couldn't get them to waive it when I needed a nano from regular sim for a new phone. I phoned a corporate store and they wanted $20. but the gas to get there and wasted time convince me to go to the outlet 2 minutes from me and pay the $25

A ripoff

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't get them to waive it when I needed a nano from regular sim for a new phone. I phoned a corporate store and they wanted $20. but the gas to get there and wasted time convince me to go to the outlet 2 minutes from me and pay the $25

A ripoff

I agree. I haven't worked at an ATT store in 5 years or so... but ATT doesn't (to my knowledge) charge for sim cards.

T-mobile says they don't have an upgrade fee, but if they make you purchase a new sim card for $25 whether you need one or not, the result is the same. Just another reminder that no matter what they say, they're no different than any other carrier.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
They will charge you a "assisted fee" if you do stuff in store like a new phone.

There's no real escaping it. It's basically an activation fee that T-Mobile renamed to pretend they don't have activation fees anymore.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon