11-27-2018 10:14 PM
48 12
tools
    I don't know if this would apply to the sim card you tried, but you should make sure it didn't have 'binge on' activated because that caps your video quality at 480p. Maybe that's why 480p was the best you could get?
    07-29-2018 02:17 PM
    Because VZW unlimited is not really unlimited. So you constantly have to baby your data. They can, which pretty much means will, throttle you at 22gb I think it is.
    They "may" reduce your speed in heavy traffic areas. Sounds like you don't live in a "heavy traffic area". 😒
    07-29-2018 02:40 PM
    Well keep in mind de-priortization is not a hard throttle. As in when you are over 22 GB you aren't instantly at crap speeds for the rest of your cycle... Only if the area is congested will you have these reduced speeds.

All carriers have this "limit" you could say. They vary from carrier to carrier on how much but they all will slow you down if the area is congested + you are over the limit on that line.

AT&T - 22 GB

Sprint - 23 GB

T-Mobile - 50 GB

Verizon - 22 GB on one plan and 75 GB on another
    Because VZW unlimited is not really unlimited. So you constantly have to baby your data. They can, which pretty much means will, throttle you at 22gb I think it is. I have more data than that on my current plan and pay less.

Pretty much tired of living in the stone age. Not having internet. Not being able to stream any service. Listen to Pandora. Update my TVs firmware. Etc.....
    07-29-2018 03:47 PM
    I don't know if this would apply to the sim card you tried, but you should make sure it didn't have 'binge on' activated because that caps your video quality at 480p. Maybe that's why 480p was the best you could get?
    T-Mobile, the self-proclaimed pro-NN carrier built for data users, removed the Binge On toggle a while ago. Old customers were grandfathered but new customers have to make do with whatever quality they get at 1.5mbps (generally 480p) or pay $10-25 per line per month to have this throttle removed.
    idon12no likes this.
    07-30-2018 05:53 PM
    T-Mobile, the self-proclaimed pro-NN carrier built for data users, removed the Binge On toggle a while ago. Old customers were grandfathered but new customers have to make do with whatever quality they get at 1.5mbps (generally 480p) or pay $10-25 per line per month to have this throttle removed.
    Okay. I guess I missed that one. So binge on is over?
    07-31-2018 11:50 PM
    So binge on is over?
    For any one with the TMO One plans, yes. They have to pay extra to get their video not throttled to 1.5 mbps.

But if you had Binge On, you should be grandfathered in and still able to turn it on/off.
    08-01-2018 04:05 PM
    Try them out on another number/line for a month.
    08-01-2018 04:21 PM
    For any one with the TMO One plans, yes. They have to pay extra to get their video not throttled to 1.5 mbps.

But if you had Binge On, you should be grandfathered in and still able to turn it on/off.
    I have three all in lines for $100 on T-Mobile. If you don't remember, the all in promo included HD video streaming, tethering and binge on. I tried finding the on/off switch for binge on a few months ago and it looks like it's removed for even grandfathered plans although it's still turned on on all three of my lines.
    08-06-2018 05:33 AM
    Have you asked about what I screenshot?
    08-06-2018 09:08 AM
    I have three all in lines for $100 on T-Mobile. If you don't remember, the all in promo included HD video streaming, tethering and binge on. I tried finding the on/off switch for binge on a few months ago and it looks like it's removed for even grandfathered plans although it's still turned on on all three of my lines.
    Have you tried the short codes? Not sure if those were also disabled but they were a quick BO management option at one point.
    08-06-2018 03:01 PM
    Don't be. It's FINE!
    08-06-2018 07:01 PM
    Have you tried the short codes? Not sure if those were also disabled but they were a quick BO management option at one point.
    Unfortunately, those codes no longer work. They've completely wiped the ability to turn binge on, on or off. On my account, it's permanently on which is fine with me.

It's just weird that they've wiped the feature completely from the website as if it never existed.
    08-06-2018 07:33 PM
    It's just weird that they've wiped the feature completely from the website as if it never existed.
    Makes sense to me. They want to get rid of free 1080p, so they're pulling shenanigans like this...and introducing a new plan with no known HS video add-on. Uncarrier.
    08-06-2018 11:04 PM
    Makes sense to me. They want to get rid of free 1080p, so they're pulling shenanigans like this...and introducing a new plan with no known HS video add-on. Uncarrier.
    I've had enough of T-Mobile. I've had three lines on a promo that they introduced a few years back called All In. This included at the time, Binge On with the ability to turn it off, tethering at 128Mbps which is slow, and one or two other things I can't remember. Over the past few months, they took away the ability to turn Binge On, off so unless I pay $15 more per month, YouTube and other videos sites stream at 480p.

AT&T offers two lines for $150 that includes 15GB of high speed tethering, streaming at 1080p and a bunch of channels that are somewhat OK and I can watch them through an app on my Apple TV.

I've had one line opened already since March and I ordered a second line with a Note 9 phone that will be here this week.Once I get that sim, I'm porting my main line from T-Mobile to it and then cancelling T-Mobile.

I just feel I'm getting more on AT&T these days even though I feel I get slightly better coverage in my area on T-Mobile.
    09-04-2018 12:09 PM
    I've had enough of T-Mobile. I've had three lines on a promo that they introduced a few years back called All In. This included at the time, Binge On with the ability to turn it off, tethering at 128Mbps which is slow, and one or two other things I can't remember. Over the past few months, they took away the ability to turn Binge On, off so unless I pay $15 more per month, YouTube and other videos sites stream at 480p.

AT&T offers two lines for $150 that includes 15GB of high speed tethering, streaming at 1080p and a bunch of channels that are somewhat OK and I can watch them through an app on my Apple TV.

I've had one line opened already since March and I ordered a second line with a Note 9 phone that will be here this week.Once I get that sim, I'm porting my main line from T-Mobile to it and then cancelling T-Mobile.

I just feel I'm getting more on AT&T these days even though I feel I get slightly better coverage in my area on T-Mobile.
    That's great to hear they were able to fix it
    09-06-2018 04:15 PM
    Have you tried the T-Force/email to the CEO's office support options? It shouldn't take all that, but apparently it's a normalized part of "award winning customer service" these days.

If TMO coverage/speeds are good for you, check out MVNOs--especially if you don't need unlimited on all lines. Operating on the #3 network might mean attractive pricing.
    09-06-2018 06:47 PM
    Have you tried the T-Force/email to the CEO's office support options? It shouldn't take all that, but apparently it's a normalized part of "award winning customer service" these days.

If TMO coverage/speeds are good for you, check out MVNOs--especially if you don't need unlimited on all lines. Operating on the #3 network might mean attractive pricing.
    I May try that and see what happens. I've already paid for this next month and I was going to cancel my plan when the month is over.

I found out what they did to my lines over the last month when I tried using YouTube and found I couldn't stream anything higher then 480P. I tried to change that to 720P and all it would do is buffer. I don't get that on my AT&T line. At least AT&T is not lying. If I want to get HD streaming, they have a plan that includes that PLUS 15GB of tethering at full speed.

I'm not paying T-Mobile an extra $15 per month to do that when my line used to include that.
    09-06-2018 07:01 PM
    So since it's the weekend, I'm now dealing T-Mobile support over Twitter. I added the $15 T-Mobile One + that enables me to tether and stream in HD. Problem is, I'm still be throttled and can not stream in 720 without it buffering every minute or so. I do not have this problem using the YouTube app on my Note 9 on AT&T, just T-Mobile because they are throttling me.

She asked me if I had enabled HD streaming in my account settings and I told her they used to have a setting to enable that but it's no longer there. Now she's investigating on what to do now.

This is just nonsense.

I have two lines now on AT&T because I'm kind of getting ready to abandon T-Mobile due to all of this mess. If they can't fix it, I'm cancelling my account and using only AT&T where I can stream all night with no buffering. YouTube even defaults to 720p.
    09-08-2018 10:16 AM
    It appears they were able to enable HD streaming on my account. I got a text message stating it was now enabled. If anyone gets the one plus pass, you have to call to get HD streaming enabled. I can tell the difference already.
    09-08-2018 10:29 AM
    It appears they were able to enable HD streaming on my account. I got a text message stating it was now enabled. If anyone gets the one plus pass, you have to call to get HD streaming enabled. I can tell the difference already.
    Yeah I was having a similar issue but once I contacted them and they enabled HD streaming, world of difference. No buffering and great picture quality even with 4K content
    NexusGirlX likes this.
    09-08-2018 10:34 AM
    Yeah I was having a similar issue but once I contacted them and they enabled HD streaming, world of difference. No buffering and great picture quality even with 4K content
    Good to hear! Have a great weekend!
    TheDonJ77 likes this.
    09-08-2018 10:36 AM
    I left Verizon after 27 years and went to att for a few years just moved to T-Mobile last week and couldn't be happier with the service and the price. Building penetrating is not that good but I don't have a ,band 71 device but besides that their data speeds are much faster the the other two carriers.
    09-10-2018 06:18 PM
    Wow that sucks.
    11-27-2018 10:14 PM
48 12