very weak signal unless i'm sitting beside my modem
    12-09-2018 07:08 AM
    You mention your modem, so are you talking about WiFi signal or carrier signal?

To reply to this thread please sign in to Android central.
    12-09-2018 07:41 AM
    Turn on wifi calling, works flawlessly on t-mo
    12-09-2018 10:32 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Call T-Mobile's customer service. They should be able to set you up with a free signal booster. (You'll probably have to give a deposit, and realize that they do expect it back if/when you decide to drop your T-Mobile service.) I have one, and it works well.

But you mention that your signal is weak unless you're right by your modem -- are you sure you're talking about your cellular signal, or wi-fi?
    12-09-2018 02:45 PM
    If the signal is weak unless you're sitting near your modem, check it out on someone else's wifi. (You're probably using wifi calling because the TMobile signal is weak.) If it's weak on some other wifi, it's your phone - the antenna got disconnected or the radio is bad. In either case, it has to go into the repair shop.

If it works with another wifi, it's a bad modem - call your internet provider (most people use the providfer's modem) and ask where to bring it for replacement. (Or pay over $100 for them to bring you a new one, in most cases. It's cheaper to stand on line for a while.)
    12-09-2018 02:59 PM