should i switch my mytouch 4g for a sidekick 4g?

boogeymanxx

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
the main things are the battery life and qwerty keyboard. i hear the battery life on the sidekick is better... but also can i just replace the SD card for my apps to move over? and can i still just install apps without getting them on the market? and is it still connected to facebook? I'm 24 and this is the first plan/phone I've bought myself, but now I'm considering giving up the phone for a better(?) one. also, it doesn't have a camera, right? how does the flashlight app work then? i know i should've posted this in the Sidekick forum... or the mytouch forum... but still.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
but also can i just replace the SD card for my apps to move over? and can i still just install apps without getting them on the market?

No, you must reinstall your apps onto your new phone. Only part of the app is stored on your SD card.

and is it still connected to facebook? I'm 24 and this is the first plan/phone I've bought myself, but now I'm considering giving up the phone for a better(?) one. also, it doesn't have a camera, right? how does the flashlight app work then? i know i should've posted this in the Sidekick forum... or the mytouch forum... but still.

The Facebook app will still work. Not sure about the camera/flash - if you look at the hardware specs on T-Mobile's website it should give you that info. But if there is no flash, then you'll need a flashlight app that illuminates the screen instead.

BoJangles

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Well, I work at RS, and every sidekick we have sold has been returned and traded out for a different phone. Main complaints are the phone randomly restarting, slowing down, freezing, and of course the old sidekick erase of memory and contacts...