they are switching to T-Mobile

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Hello there I am on AT&t I am wondering if I can get some voices from the LA area or all over the country. Of how their services when traveling. I'm probably under the unlimited plan plus. Have unlocked Sony Xperia xz-2 and bringing over a note 8 from AT&t. I lost money if you do the Netflix thing can you pay the difference to get the 4K highest version Netflix just pay the difference. Thank you all for in advance.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
All I can trll you about is the Fayetteville NC area. At the moment, there's an area that ST&T doesn't cover (and probably wouldn't get many customers from if they did), but TMobile covers well. (I'm oon TMobile towers through Mint, but I get the same signal as a direct TMobile customer.)

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about the Sony, but on the Note 8 you would not be able to get band 71 and that could create limitations on some areas.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile's been good for me in the SF Bay Area. Even faster download speeds when I recently visited LA.

drenfree

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
Yes. They will pay for you but add it to your monthly bill which is $7bucks. Their are stipulation such as having at least two lines and the unlimited plan.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
LA coverage is very good, even without band 71. I've been in LA metro area, down into Orange county, and well into the inland empire. It's been 4+ years since I've been there (didn't have phone w/band 71 then) so it can only be better now.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't know about the Sony, but on the Note 8 you would not be able to get band 71 and that could create limitations on some areas.

Hey wanted to say thank you but I looked it up and the note 8 dies get babe 71 and is certified I checked.