Home internet Invite

jasqid

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
I recieved an invite to try tmo home internet for $50 month. No caps. No extra fees. Thinking about switching until I read the FAQ that they don't support live TV streaming or broadcasts.

That's all my family has now is Hulu live TV and some others. (NF, prime etc).

Anyone here using or have tried the new home internet and still use their cord cutting services?

I have Comcast internet now. Naked data only and tmo would be half the price (and speed too).

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Comcast is a bit expensive, but you get what you pay for. I'm getting Over 230mbps, including streaming and cord-cutting. (And TV for the things I can't get on the internet.) I've been looking at options for months, but I haven't found any yet.

jasqid

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
Yeah. You're right about "get what your pay for". In the 15-16 years of having their HSD, it has been Rock solid. I can count on one hand the number of outages in those years (3).

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I got the invite according to the T-Mobile rep but I don't recall seeing it anywhere. I Have a Roku device and am on Amazon Prime. I'm not understanding how T-Mobile Home Internet is going to work with them. Currently on CONcast for internet and streaming. I'm looking into another option. The box is free that you need and there might be a month promo to boot

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I recieved an invite to try tmo home internet for $50 month. No caps. No extra fees. Thinking about switching until I read the FAQ that they don't support live TV streaming or broadcasts.

That's all my family has now is Hulu live TV and some others. (NF, prime etc).

Anyone here using or have tried the new home internet and still use their cord cutting services?

I have Comcast internet now. Naked data only and tmo would be half the price (and speed too).

Tons of people on Reddit stream live TV on it. They don't really enforce it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I got the invite according to the T-Mobile rep but I don't recall seeing it anywhere. I Have a Roku device and am on Amazon Prime. I'm not understanding how T-Mobile Home Internet is going to work with them. Currently on CONcast for internet and streaming. I'm looking into another option. The box is free that you need and there might be a month promo to boot

No promos with T-Mobile home internet. It is what it is.

If you have Comcast I'd personally stay with them. LTE is great but it can fluctuate a lot.

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
No promos with T-Mobile home internet. It is what it is.

If you have Comcast I'd personally stay with them. LTE is great but it can fluctuate a lot.

I made the switch because of the $50 promo. I did get the box pretty fast , say about 5 days and Ill try to add a pic of it here soon. Around Sept 23 is when my emails about the shipment and account being created arrived. The Home Internet app is an easy to use and set up app. I like how it offered a way to change SSID and password. I have very good connection as the bar reads inside the app. Looking forward to when I see excellent but that might be because of my obstructions etc.
4b920ddd3192c25945eb73c764f20158.jpg

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Today is day 10 for me having the home internet gateway. I'm not having such great luck with it so far. I've had lots of signal issues, especially with the upload speeds.

They sent out a new sim and that helped some to make the download speed more consistent and reliable but the up speed is still a big issue. They sent out a new gateway which arrives today, so we'll see if this is going to work or if it's all going back.

Side by side with my Samsumg S10+ my phone gets better speeds both down and up than this gateway is getting.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Wow. Thanks for the report. So glad I did not jump ship. Specially with 2 teens streaming in HH.
My experience is not going to be everybody's experience. Some people are having great luck with it. It's all going to depend on your situation. I suspected I would likely be one of the tough cases because we are so rural and so far from towers.

If I were you I would give it a try. They are giving 30 days free to try it out so you've got nothing to lose. I haven't cancelled our old service so it's not a big deal and I think it's a great program if it works where you are.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad