Visual Voicemail Issue

hypnospastic

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Hello! Is anyone receiving an error/notification stating:

"We're sorry, we're having difficulty fetching your voicemail. You may need to open the app and manually refresh your inbox, or dial 123 to listen to new voicemail."

I've been experiencing it since June and TMobile is unable to resolve it And one day they'll tell me is a known issue and the next, it's been resolved. I've done every bit of troubleshooting numerous times and the error/notification just won't go away.

Voicemails are delayed via the app but that's it.

For device, I am using a Note10+ and was initially experiencing the problem on a Note9.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've had that issue also TMobile , it would either straighten out or if clear data,cache, and force stop it

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Having the same issue on my Galaxy s9+ and Galaxy s10+ for the last few months.

I'm thinking about installing an older version from one of my backups. :(

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Tech Support stated that the T-Mobile Visual Voice app has been experiencing issues for quite some time. I deleted that app and went back to the dial into VM days. Problem solved for me at least.

Added thought- Visual Voice was ok but had a horrible voice to text translation.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Having the same issue on my Galaxy s9+ and Galaxy s10+ for the last few months.

I'm thinking about installing an older version from one of my backups. :(

It feels odd to quote yourself...

Well, I uninstalled version 5.29.51.81844 from my Galaxy s9+ & installed (only on the s9+) version 5.27.9.81528 which I pulled out of my 3/6/19 backup.

Problems & errors have stopped on the s9+ :D, but continue on the s10+.

I have a 3/21/19 backup of my Galaxy s10+, so I will do the same procedure for it.

I'm sure T-Mobile will eventually get this sorted out...but for me, this works for now.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It feels odd to quote yourself...

Well, I uninstalled version 5.29.51.81844 from my Galaxy s9+ & installed (only on the s9+) version 5.27.9.81528 which I pulled out of my 3/6/19 backup.

Problems & errors have stopped on the s9+ :D, but continue on the s10+.

I have a 3/21/19 backup of my Galaxy s10+, so I will do the same procedure for it.

I'm sure T-Mobile will eventually get this sorted out...but for me, this works for now.
I had do a double take who you were quoting

hypnospastic

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone for taking the time to post. I've yet to have the issue resolved but have "silenced" it by turning off the notification. T-Mobile and I have been working towards a resolution since late May/early June of this year with no resolution. They've most recently asked that I perform a master reset of my device, since I experienced the same issue on my Note9 as I am now on my Note10+, but it just isn't worth the hassle associated with a master reset of the device. For now, I'll deal with it via the "band-aid" that we've discovered and hopefully T-Mobile's technicians will eventually iron out the issue and send out a fix.