I went on vacation as this phone launched on ATT. Not many posts at all on this phone. I am a bit surprised. Was thinking of buying outright and saving my upgrade just to have a vanilla android phone on ATT. Will probably get the SGS II with my upgrade.

Does anyone recommend the Nexus S on ATT? Currently have a Captivate which is doing pretty good for a 1 year old phone.

Any comments are appreciated!
    jtrow9 likes this.
    08-03-2011 08:57 AM
    According to our blog writer/editor Phil's source, the next Nexus will be available in October - something to keep in mind before paying full retail for the current generation Nexus. Will it be available at launch with AT&T 3G bands? That we don't know...

FWIW the Nexus S is a great phone, and is guaranteed to be the second phone to get the Ice Cream Sandwich update (the first being the next gen Nexus).
    jtrow9 likes this.
    08-03-2011 10:45 PM
    hmm, nexus 4g? I just upgraded for the free nexus s from best buy! now i'm wondering if I should have held off. if it really does come out in October??????????
    08-04-2011 08:28 PM
    Thanks! That means end of the year for the Nexus Prime, lol! I picked one up at the best buy mobile store. Had $300 in gifts cards I have accumulated so I was out $300 with the case. I really like the phone so far! The salesperson said I have 30 days and no restocking fee if I decide to return it! AND I still have my upgrade to use on the SGS II or the Nexus Prime later this year!

This would make an outstanding backup phone if I get another one.
    08-04-2011 08:35 PM
    hmm, nexus 4g? I just upgraded for the free nexus s from best buy! now i'm wondering if I should have held off. if it really does come out in October??????????
    You got it for free, I don't think you missed out on much, even if the new Nexus phone comes out in October.

When that one comes out I'm sure you can sell your current Nexus S for ~$300 and use the money towards the new Nexus phone.
    08-06-2011 08:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD