Very dumb move, lost files and now need help.

nimer55

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
As the title suggest, I understand how stupid of me this was, but anyways:

I followed a guide off google to root my nexus s. I ignored my common sense of backing up my data, and simply went for it. I was lazy and thought "well surely the video will tell me if I need to do it". Now in fairness the video did mention it, at the very end, after I'd whiped my phone. (still mainly blaming myself, I knew I had to, but was being lazy, and didn't think of my images.)

I had a fair amount of photos, and wouldn't mind getting them back. Text messages would also be nice, but not nearly as important.

Anyways, I've tried putting the phone in usb mode, and running a few recovery softwares but haven't had any luck yet.

Help would be really appreciated.

wpbfjr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
unfortunately, wiped is wiped.

internal only sd card prohibits removal for data recovery.

ask on the sprint nexus s4g forum here on ac.

d on the road

nimer55

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
well I guess it's too bad for me then.

I installed the ICS build, and it's worth it.

Sure it's slow, gmail crashes when I select a contract and 3g only kind of works, but it's still nice to see the UI improve so drastically.

(I entered bell's apn settings, but may have not done it 100% correct. I followed a guide meant for the nexus 1, and there was some options on my phone that weren't in the guide, and vice versa.)

sherri

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Aren't your photos stored on the SD card? That shouldn't have been touched....

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

edab

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Anyways, I've tried putting the phone in usb mode, and running a few recovery softwares but haven't had any luck yet.

Help would be really appreciated.

Now that you have unlocked and rooted invest in TB pro from the market. You will have the ability to backup whatever and even store (upload to DropBox) if you wish. With that you will always have your apps/data, etc. ready to restore the next time you flash a new ROM or to another phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae