I say Google and Samsung Screwed Nexus S Owners

Citizendino

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I thought the whole point was for us to be cutting edge, leader of the pack. But, you cannot get an answer from Google, or Samsung, and it appears that this is happening.

Samsung Galaxy S II (GT-I9100) to get ICS on March 10th (update: recalled) -- Engadget

This is crap. I am on ATT, and have a renewal to burn. I wanted to wait for the new Nexus phone, but no one seems to know anything. If it will or will not come to ATT.

Moreover, other devices have gotten updates officially for ICS, and the Nexus S, the google phone, does not.

What the heck is the point of my owning a google phone if google does not care or follow its own promise about my being first?

If my hardware simply cannot support ICS, then release that information as well so we can make an informed decision.

bklynbruiser

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I hear u Brudda..... I cant see why a Nexus S couldn't support ICS but I will tell u this... If Google/Samsung screw me on this, It will be the LAST ANDROID ANYTHING I will EVER BUY!! Just like RIM, I am tired of empty promises. I am starting to feel like they make these promises of updates just to get these devices out the door. And what Google fails to understand is that THIS IS THE ONLY STRONG ARGUMENT THAT APPLE USERS HAVE AGAINST ANDROID!!! And for them to be doing this to a "Nexus" device only proves them right...

They need to expedite this upgrade for Nexus devices.. Again, Special attention with updates and features is what we PAID FOR !!

Citizendino

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
It is crap. Now some Samsung phone in Korea is getting ICS. I cannot wait to get rid of everything Android now, and get back to Apple.

This is crap, and what is worse, they just clearly do not care. YOu cannot get a response on forums, social media, or from my carrier (ATT).

This is just bad business.

danan

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah this is ridiculous. Android is turning into a mess with this nonsense.
We supposedly have options, but on a carrier like AT&T you don't.
The nexus s is only sold through bestbuy for one, and they don't update it and no Galaxy Nexus.
And tehy don't sell it unlocked so if you want to buy full price phone, it comes with no warranty cause you have to buy it through non-authorized sellers.

rh1991

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
My i9020 got ICS update in November while I was with T-Mobile. Hated it at first but dig it now. My problem now is I just changed to AT&T and I can't get 3g/4g, any suggestions

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
My i9020 got ICS update in November while I was with T-Mobile. Hated it at first but dig it now. My problem now is I just changed to AT&T and I can't get 3g/4g, any suggestions

Don't you need a different model Nexus S to get AT&T 3G? AFAIK, the model you have isn't pentaband for 3G, which means it'll never work on AT&T's 3G service.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze