Hey guys, dropped the phone in the toilet last night (about 5 seconds submerged, while flushing :|)... Anyway took battery and sim out asap, cleaned down and placed overnight in bowl of rice. When i tried to boot it up this morning all signs were good, then after a couple of minutes it would reboot. Could this be the battery? It's showing that it still has about 1/3 charge for the few minutes the phone is up. Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated, all hope is not lost yet... I fear the fact that i can't afford another, please save me from dumb phone hell.
    samanthanielquel likes this.
    03-10-2012 09:15 PM
    take the battery back out. put the phone in a zip lock bag with some uncooked rice. Leave over night. The rice will help dry it out.
    03-10-2012 10:56 PM
    Usually the any phone will not work when water goes in. This will have an effect on the display of the phone. After some time try to reset your phone to factory reset. This will solve your problem.
    03-28-2012 11:37 PM
    you really should have put the phone and battery in the rice for a few days at least. the slightest residual moisture in side can and will cause problems.
    05-04-2012 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD