10-09-2013 11:48 AM
301 123 ...
tools
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 4G Mobile Phone SM-N900A White - Best Buy

Says the release date is 9/27. I spoke to both a online and store rep and they said the date is legit although they cannot give a number on the units they will have.

Very interesting.
    Victoria Valentin likes this.
    09-21-2013 10:41 PM
    What a gaff that would be if those of us who pre-orded had to wait until the next week to get them...
    09-21-2013 10:50 PM
    I nearly preordered on ATT Premier but backed off at the last minute. Will probably go to best buy where there will be no lines and get the new SGN3.
    09-21-2013 11:18 PM
    Hmmm. Wonder if Best Buy is carrying AT&T phones on the 27th if those
    who preordered their Note III via AT&T will also get it that day.
    09-22-2013 02:23 AM
    Pre-ordering would cease to exist if customers could buy them in the stores before the pre-ordered devices delivered. People need to stop panicking and realize that if you pre-ordered your device and there are rumors of an earlier release at retail, that only benefits you. I am sure that Best Buy gets their phones shipped from the same place that you do.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    09-22-2013 08:26 AM
    Just spoke with a BestBuy rep about the date.

1. He said that the phone WILL be available IN-STORE (obviously as well as online) on September 27th.

2. I asked why the phone was not available to chose in-store pickup. He said that the website will be updated to allow for in-store updates, but it will only be updated on the 27th.

Take all of this with a grain of salt, of course. I did try two different representatives, 1 hour apart, using the chat feature (I like to do that just in case 1 is misinformed). Indeed, I got the same answer for both.

Good luck to you all
    09-22-2013 08:57 AM
    Is this just for the at&t version or for all carriers?

Posted via Android Central App
    09-22-2013 09:49 AM
    Good news. Good news indeed.

from my Sony Xperia Tablet Z or XTZ or "Ecstasy"
    09-22-2013 09:53 AM
    Then what about the people who pre-ordered through AT&T?!? Does this mean their corporate stores will have them in store that day? When I say "in store" I don't mean on the shelves, but stocked in a backroom. I'm about to go into the city where a corporate store is, maybe someone will know.
    09-22-2013 10:14 AM
    Then what about the people who pre-ordered through AT&T?!? Does this mean their corporate stores will have them in store that day? When I say "in store" I don't mean on the shelves, but stocked in a backroom. I'm about to go into the city where a corporate store is, maybe someone will know.
    Let us know the results!
    09-22-2013 11:05 AM
    Is this just for the at&t version or for all carriers?

Only AT&T. As of now Best Buy only has the AT&T and Verizon version on their site of which only the AT&T version has a release date.
    09-22-2013 01:26 PM
    Only AT&T. As of now Best Buy only has the AT&T and Verizon version on their site of which only the AT&T version has a release date.
    ...makes me feel warm and fuzzy that I switched to AT&T back in June. They seem to get the toys in a timely manner.
    09-22-2013 01:34 PM
    Thanks. I'm interested in the Verizon version...looks like I'll be waiting a lil longer than you AT&T guys.

09-22-2013 01:46 PM
    I decided to call a local best buy mobile store (the ones that only sell cell phone related stuff).

The rep, at first, told me October 1st. I told him that I had spoken to a rep online, and the website says the 27th. He again said "our release date for is the 1st. If we get it before, we'll probably have to hold it in the back". I asked him to double check, since I believe he was wrong.

He then asks me to wait a minute while he searches his system. 30 seconds later, he says "oh...it says September 27th now, you're right. I guess we'll have it that friday, but you should still call first just in case".

Again, take that for a grain of salt
    09-22-2013 02:02 PM
    "...oh...it says October 27th now...".

Again, take that for a grain of salt
    October 27th!!!
    09-22-2013 02:07 PM
    October 27th!!!
    I may or may not have, allegedly, put in the wrong month. Nothing to see here, move along citizen
    09-22-2013 02:13 PM
    I ordered my att note 3 through best buy. Mine is supposed to be delivered on 9/30 or 10/1. I get expedited shipping for free through best buy. Saves me a trip to the store.

09-22-2013 02:43 PM
    I ordered my att note 3 through best buy. Mine is supposed to be delivered on 9/30 or 10/1. I get expedited shipping for free through best buy. Saves me a trip to the store.

But then you have to wait the whole weekend! That's like.... 3000-5000 years of wait, when it comes to waiting for a gadget.
    XChrisX and kyrana like this.
    09-22-2013 02:51 PM
    Will Best Buy match AT&T's off contract price of $729? Their website shows $799, which is a big difference. I would like to be able to order one from the Best Buy website early morning, and pick it up around Noon when I get the chance to go up there. Hrmmm, I wonder if AT&T will get them around that day as well.
    09-22-2013 03:02 PM
    I stopped by my local BB and was told by a rep that they're not getting the Note 3 until October 12th and even if they get the shipment early, they can't sell them until AT&T (and other carriers) tell them they can.
    09-22-2013 03:09 PM
    I stopped by my local BB and was told by a rep that they're not getting the Note 3 until October 12th and even if they get the shipment early, they can't sell them until AT&T (and other carriers) tell them they can.
    Well that's weird. That's even against information my local best buy told me, that they're getting Note 3's for sale on October 1st.

Are you sure you're not talking about verizon only? You gotta be talking about Verizon Only. best buy literally competes with AT&T stores for activation. That would mean Best Buy is going to sit around and wait for almost 2 weeks until the 12th? That's crazy talk. iPhones gets AT&T their most activations / renewals, and even for iPhones best buy has them the same day as AT&T stores.

I call misinformed employee in this case

EDIT: Decided to start another chat with bestbuy.com

http://i.imgur.com/mOzmhbS.png

This is the 4th best buy rep to confirm the phone is being RELEASED on the 27th.
    J HighNote likes this.
    09-22-2013 03:16 PM
    Went into Best Buy and did the pre-order thing this morning. The store manager, the cell phone person and the Samsung rep all verified that the AT&T Note 3 pre-orders are expected to be available for pickup in store on 9/27 for AT&T only. They said if you do not pre-order, then you will need to wait until 10/1 for normal purchase. So pre-order made. We'll see what happen Friday morning...

Worse case if it is going to be much later than 10/1, I'll just cancel the pre-order, use the $50 gift card (you have to buy a $50 gift card to place the pre-order) for GTA V or something...

After all the hell I went though with pre-order the Note 2 from AT&T, I will never pre-order from AT&T again.
    BeRich likes this.
    09-22-2013 04:37 PM
    Hmmm if I don't see my AT&T pre-order ship in time for Friday delivery, I'll go to BB Friday morning and buy it there and cancel my AT&T pre-order.
    09-22-2013 04:42 PM
    Well that's weird. That's even against information my local best buy told me, that they're getting Note 3's for sale on October 1st.

Are you sure you're not talking about verizon only? You gotta be talking about Verizon Only. best buy literally competes with AT&T stores for activation. That would mean Best Buy is going to sit around and wait for almost 2 weeks until the 12th? That's crazy talk. iPhones gets AT&T their most activations / renewals, and even for iPhones best buy has them the same day as AT&T stores.

I call misinformed employee in this case

EDIT: Decided to start another chat with bestbuy.com

http://i.imgur.com/mOzmhbS.png

This is the 4th best buy rep to confirm the phone is being RELEASED on the 27th.
    This is what I was told by a BB rep. Granted, I do live in KY so I don't put much faith in a lot of what people say around here.

On another note, has anyone talked to AT&T about it?
    09-22-2013 04:44 PM
    Hmm I hope it's Friday but have a sinking feeling that's when they Ship the phone not when it's available in store, I called best buy they did say it will be released that date but they didn't know if they'll have it on that day in store. Fingers crossed

09-22-2013 05:16 PM
301 123 ...