Has anyone managed to get AT&T to unlock their N3?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I bought it on full retail and called AT&T. Apparently, this N3 is still new and cannot be unlocked yet.
Where did you purchase the device?

The N3 is locked to certain regions and can't be purchased from an importer and used here in the US. If you purchased the N3 ( Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 (MI7 firmware)) then you can take a look at this solution to remove the regional lock: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=eu.chainfire.regionlockaway&token=v9Lp-08w
[WARN]The app requires root access and can only be used on the above noted N3 model and firmware, which can be verified from the devices about phone option. There is a source thread provided in the Play Store link for questions, comments or assistance. If you plan on going that route do so at your own risk.[/WARN]

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
The region lock is separate from the network lock. It sounds like Brandon32 wants a network unlock code.

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
What did you find by using that link? I don't know if AT&T has updated this, but it only worked for iPhones this past Spring. I wanted to unlock my Galaxy S4; the link said that it was not eligible but I called 611 to find out why and was told that it was eligible for unlocking. I got the code in that phone call and unlocked the S4 with no problems.

Brandon32

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
You are right. I think that link only works for iphone because when I enter another IMEI for S4, it says it cannot be unlocked (although AT&T provided me the unlock code 2 months ago).

I called up AT&T today and they told me it can only be unlocked when I have the device for 60 days even if I paid full retial. Not sure if this is true or they just don't have the unlock code for N3 yet.

Brandon32

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Managed to get AT&T to unlock my device. I insisted they escalate my request to the next level for consideration and within a day, AT&T gave me the unlock code.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
The region lock is separate from the network lock. It sounds like Brandon32 wants a network unlock code.

Are the carrier-specific variants of the Note 3 also region-locked? (I know the factory-unlocked model N9000 is region-locked.)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Are the carrier-specific variants of the Note 3 also region-locked? (I know the factory-unlocked model N9000 is region-locked.)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Not that I'm aware of. I haven't heard of anyone having the region lock warning sticker on their box. I didn't have it on mine, but I purchased mine from T-Mobile.

midnite_blue

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site

I agree with 21st now... there haven't been any reported cases of phones with carrier-specific locks also being region locked.

This is backed up by an examination of the Consumer Software Customization files of phones that are locked to a specific carrier. None have been reported to contain the blacklisting of out-of-region countries.

ecchigo

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for reviving this. Can anyone confirm that carrier-specific variants of the Note 3 aren't region-locked? I'm having my parents send one of their new phones (Note 3) to me here in the Philippines.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2