Battery life compared to N2?

scutzi128

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone could comment on what their real world experience has been comparing the N2 to the N3 battery life wise. I can't seem to find any good information on this. I am hoping the N3 is better especially when using 4g data as I heard it incorporates envelope tracking which saves power.

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
If you check the general Note 3 forum, you will see thread(s) addressing this issue. Battery life for me and others is worse for the N3, not better.

sent from my Note 3

Andrawer

May 31, 2011
Visit site
wow, had the N2 for 6 months before I went on a run of constantly switching phones this year but I don't consider the N2 stock even close to being good as my N3.
Just my experience with both.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
No problems here. With moderately heavy use I can easily get through the day and recharge overnight. I'd say it's a little better than my Note 2 in that regard. I have WiFi and Location Services constantly enabled, and I don't use Power Saving Mode.

KevLar72

May 20, 2013
Visit site
My battery life is significantly better on the Note3 than the Note2.
I can easily get 22+ hours!

If your phone searches for signal constantly you won't get good battery life on any device.

Posted via Android Central App

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
From my usage so far, my Note 2 had better battery life, even before I rooted it. It seems I can't use my Note 3 the same way, even with the (slightly) bigger 3200 mAh battery and squeeze out the hours I used to be able to on my Note 2.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
The battery life is about the same on both devices. You will get through a day no problem. If there is a difference, it isn't anything worthy enough to make a deal of it as both give you great battery life.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Raidel Miranda

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone, I came from iPhone 5 and the battery life was great on that phone, so when I got the n3 I was a little anxious about battery life but to my surprise the battery life has been excellent. On normal use for me (from 6:30 am to about 6 pm when I arrive home) it last and then some.

Posted via Android Central App

jrasero23

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I can't compare the N2 and the N3 because never had the N2 but I had the S4

Compared to the S4, the N3 gets better battery life even with a beefier processor and a bigger screen, but for me it's a 10%-15% difference

The odd part is my S4 on Verizon seemed to discharge slower, compared to my N3 on AT&T but that could be because I work in a basement in NYC and on Verizon I got 3-4 bars with by S4, while the Note on AT&T gets 2 bars.

Unplugged my phone at 7:30 am today and wifi on, vibrate on, GPS off, NFC off, BT off, Power saving mode on, Sync off, air gesture and other gimmicky Samsung stuff off, auto brightness on, LTE 4G on, I have done 4 hours and 30 minutes and 29 minutes screen time. This seems good but nothing like what others have been claiming to get. My feeling is this has to be due to the mediocre LTE signal . Going to continuing to monitor through Gsam Battery Monitor and take screenshot at the end of the day then test out the battery life this weekend when I am not in a basement and have better coverage and take a screenshot.

I am just concerned my N3 might have a rapid battery drainage problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy