Galaxy Note 3 butchering MMS photos

Kyle Skinner

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Been trying to figure out why photos are being compressed so much in text messages even when compression isn't needed. If I attach a photo that is 1 mb in size, the phone shows the message being sent is 865 kb in size. Viewing the compressed picture, its full of jpeg and words are too blurry to read. So, I used a program to drop the quality of the photo leaving the words well able to be read. I attached the new photo that was 845 kb in size and the phone compressed(what???) the photo but it shows the message being sent is 899 kb in size. Viewing that 899 kb photo, the words are all jpegy and blurry, even worse than the message that was 865 kb in size. What is going on here?

Has anyone else had this problem or know a fix? I don't think I should have to download or buy a third party app just to send a picture. Kind of ridiculous. :(

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It is always going to be compressed by AT&T... So even if you get around it they will just compress it.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

anthonok

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Same here. It's stupid limitations put in place by att. Although I'm sure they probably let the iPhone sent full size images no problem.

Posted via Android Central App

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, ATT is full of bull ****. They claimed for 2 years that windows phone could not have visual voice mail like the iphone because it was still being tested for compatibility with the system. They also claimed the same thing with the updates for Windows Phone saying they were testing the compatibility with the network. iPhone iOS is updated and yet absolutely nothing has to be verified. When VVM came to the iphone it was immediately pushed out to all phones. Its bull**** favoritism and I am not sure how the FCC allows it to continue. ATT is definitely giving apple a competitive advantage and I have no idea why some lawyer has not filed a class action lawsuit against ATT yet.

anthonok

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes, ATT is full of bull ****. They claimed for 2 years that windows phone could not have visual voice mail like the iphone because it was still being tested for compatibility with the system. They also claimed the same thing with the updates for Windows Phone saying they were testing the compatibility with the network. iPhone iOS is updated and yet absolutely nothing has to be verified. When VVM came to the iphone it was immediately pushed out to all phones. Its bull**** favoritism and I am not sure how the FCC allows it to continue. ATT is definitely giving apple a competitive advantage and I have no idea why some lawyer has not filed a class action lawsuit against ATT yet.

Did you miss the part where apple sues Samsung and gets a ban on devices and it's ok. But when Samsung won a ban Obama personally overruled it. There would be no point in a lawsuit.

Posted via Android Central App

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Not sue apple. Sue ATT. They are limiting other phones to give apple an advantage. When windows phone 7.5 launched it had VVM capability just like the iphone when it launched. Somehow it was available out of the box with iphone but had to go through a couple years of qualification for windows phone users on the same network. Now with WP8 you still have to call and get the feature enabled. iPhone does not require anything.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Not sue apple. Sue ATT. They are limiting other phones to give apple an advantage. When windows phone 7.5 launched it had VVM capability just like the iphone when it launched. Somehow it was available out of the box with iphone but had to go through a couple years of qualification for windows phone users on the same network. Now with WP8 you still have to call and get the feature enabled. iPhone does not require anything.

It's been known that the iPhone gets favoritism. Always has.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781