AT&T Galaxy Note 3 - Chromecast problems

anthonok

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I posted this in the Chromecast forums but figured it might be worth posting here as well since it's specific to 2 devices.

Let me start with saying that on my Nexus 4 I never had any problems with chrome cast. So I got my AT&T Note 3 when it came out. I've used YouTube on it with chromecast and had no problems. Well the other day I was streaming music via chromecast and got an error a few times saying it the music was unavailable but I shrugged it off and just skipped to the next track. Well today I tried streaming again and it makes it through one or two songs and stops and shows the Google play music headphones icon thingy on the TV screen. When I pick up the phone I have to reconnect it to chromecast no error or anything. So I thought what the hell I'll just reset the chromecast and see what happens. Well when I went to do the setup it would show the chromecast in the app but I couldn't connect to it at all to do the setup it would timeout and say make sure the device is near by. I grabbed my GF's atrix hd and set up when flawless. Tried music again on my note and same problem. It just disconnects. Got the atrix hd again and I've made it through 4 songs so far with no issue.

Is anyone else having the same problem?

Edit: if I keep the screen on the Note unlocked it's fine. As soon as it's asleep and a song ends it stops

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
That is not true. You can set it up with a phone or tablet as well if you load the chromecast app.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3

mrklaw

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I found this Possible "wifi unstable" fix : GalaxyNote3

Which ended up solving this problem for me. I've got an AT&T Note 3. So depending on your carrier this may or may not work for you.

Basically you dial *#0011# to bring up "ServiceMode" hit the menu button and choose WiFi. Then turn off WIFI Power Save Mode.

It's been working great for me since I made the change.