Does anyone know how to prevent the device from starting the stock music player when the bluetooth connects in my car? I cannot find any setting anywhere. It did the same thing on my S3 so it obviously isn't just device, or even carrier specific, since I also switched from Sprint.
    I searched all of the phone settings and the music player settings and can't find anything about starting automatically on connect. I must be missing something.
    ska916jedi likes this.
    10-18-2013 06:10 PM
    Same here. I've looked around and found no way to stop this on phone or stereo. I think it has more to do with the media bridge pulling the info and starting auto playback. I have all sorts of bt devices and car stereo is only one that auto starts.

ATT N3
    10-19-2013 12:16 PM
    Does anyone know how to prevent the device from starting the stock music player when the bluetooth connects in my car? I cannot find any setting anywhere. It did the same thing on my S3 so it obviously isn't just device, or even carrier specific, since I also switched from Sprint.
    I searched all of the phone settings and the music player settings and can't find anything about starting automatically on connect. I must be missing something.
    Mine started doing g this after I set up the "My Places" for my car. The phone was recognizing the Bluetooth and automatically went in to Driving mode. So I removed my car from "my Places" and it stopped doing this. So I think it is Driving Mode that causes the issue no matter how you start Driving Mode. It might be worth a look.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-20-2013 02:51 PM