AT&T Galaxy Note 3 - Text message problems

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Any one else having trouble lately? Today I have been having trouble sending and recieveing, however my calls are just fine. I called ATT, they said everything was fine on thier end. Anyone got some insight?

r2tuf4u

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I just switched from an iphone to the Galaxy Note 3. I am having major texting problems. I am sending Multiple text as well as receiving Multiple text. I Called AT&T to see if they could help me fix this issue. They had me take out sim card clean it. That was no help. They had me do a hard reboot, that was no help either. I am using the messaging that was installed on the phone. I switched to the ATT messaging app. Still does the same thing. Tried Tango, still does the same thing. I am very frustrated with this. I have never had an issue like this with my iphone or any other phone for that matter. What can I do to fix this??????

Milli53

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem with my Note 3 after moving from an iPhone. Go to your apple/icloud account and then unregister your phone number from your Apple account. If you have an iPad (like I do) you will still receive messages from it but the system will no longer try to find your iPhone to deliver text messages. Instead they will magically (or so it seems for a 60 year old woman) appear on your new Samsung Note 3. Best of Luck! BTW - ATT couldn't help me with this - I had to discover it on my own.

theboss7607

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
My att galaxy note 3 has been having this issue as well. I have not been able to recieve or send text messages but I have been able to make calls perfectly fine. I tried what you talked about and removed my number from my apple account but to no avail i still can not message. Did this fix your issue? any other ideas?

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I had my friends with iPhone.. go into their settings and turn on SMS. It's not Android's fault. It's a glitch with Apple. Seems to be a lot of complains about it but they never fixed it. Trying to chain us all down, Apple?
Anyway, now I'm able to text all my friends except one.

Sent From Samsung Note 3

jrich730

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I was told to go into my apple Id and remove my phone number because I message was still trying to receive my messages

Posted via Android Central App

rimajo58

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Solved.....sorta...
Switching from a 4S to Note 3
What worked: Had to completely wipe my 4s and reboot Note 3
Very wierd : Moved my number from 4S to Note 3. New SIM card inserted in note 3. Att registered new phone and sim card. From that point on, everything should have been straight forward however.....
1. At first could only sporadically receive phone calls and texts. Sending texts and making calls were no problem.
2. Thought phone, then possibly sim card was the problem......changed both......problem still existed.
3. Ensured new sim card/phone was registered with ATT correctly.....All ok
4. ATT rep informed me that I must wipe my Iphone because for some reason, Att will still route calls and texts to my 4S until I do so. That bit of news threw me for a loop because as far as I am concerned, If a new sim card and phone is properly registered with ATT, that should be all she wrote. So I had to wipe my 4s which at the time was incapable of making or receiving calls.
5. All of this occurred at Best Buy since I thought I had exceeded my knowledge of cell phone technology, It was slightly comforting to know that they didn't have a clue either. Still monitoring and testing calls and text. All appears still appears to be up and working.
Note: A possible work around that I did not have to use....
Download a texting app and use that instead of the text app that comes with my device.

barbiejeeper

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Solved.....sorta...
Very wierd : Moved my number from 4S to Note 3. New SIM card inserted in note 3. Att registered new phone and sim card. From that point on, everything should have been straight forward however.....
1. At first could only sporadically receive phone calls and texts. Sending texts and making calls were no problem.
2. Thought phone, then possibly sim card was the problem......changed both......problem still existed.
4. ATT rep informed me that I must wipe my Iphone because for some reason, Att will still route calls and texts to my 4S until I do so. That bit of news threw me for a loop because as far as I am concerned, If a new sim card and phone is properly registered with ATT, that should be all she wrote. So I had to wipe my 4s which at the time was incapable of making or receiving calls.
5. All of this occurred at Best Buy since I thought I had exceeded my knowledge of cell phone technology, It was slightly comforting to know that they didn't have a clue either. Still monitoring and testing calls and text. All appears still appears to be up and working.
Download a texting app and use that instead of the text app that comes with my device.

I switched from an iPhone 4 to a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 last month, October. Just today 11/14/2013, I was not able to text out but was able to receive texts. I deleted my icloud account from iPhone 4, & ipad. Rebooted Samsung Galaxy Note 3, iPhone & ipad. Didn't work. I then took out the sim card from my iPhone 4...IT WORKED. I can once again text out from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

barbiejeeper

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Solved.....sorta...

I switched from an iPhone 4 to a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 last month, October. Just today 11/14/2013, I was not able to text out but was able to receive texts. I deleted my icloud account from iPhone 4, & ipad. Rebooted Samsung Galaxy Note 3, iPhone & ipad. Didn't work. I then took out the sim card from my iPhone 4...IT WORKED. I can once again text out from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Sonnydigs

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
If I un-register my iphone 5 that I still have will I still be able to do software and app updates..
That is my only concern with un-registering it.. It is no longer in service with AT&T but still want to keep the software and apps updated..
Thanks,
Sonny

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know how to use data for text messages instead of using the per text charges on the stock app?

I used an app called textme on my windows phone. It uses a google voice phone number or something. So your friends would have to text that number, not your actual number. Worked fine for me for over a year. Then sucked it up and got unlimited texting. App works. I assume there is a similar app or the same app on play store.

caren lusung

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
I having the same problem with my galaxy note 3 after moving to iphone 4. how can you help me to solve this issue, i love the phone don't get me wrong, pls. help me out.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I have been noticing that some folks do not get my text and they are not on iPhone they are using other galaxy devices. I know my wife had this same issue with her s4 we just lived with it and resent if folks say they never got it.

Posted via Android Central App Galaxy Note 3

OTACORB

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
When coming from an iPhone where you've had iMessage and FaceTime on this is what you must do to fix the problem.

1. Turn off iMessage
2. Turn off FaceTime
3. Go to Apple ID web site and change your Apple password.

Your friends/family only need to do 1 and 2 above. They do not need to reset their password. I've been told that resetting the password is only necessary if you no longer have access to all your iDevices to do 1 and 2 above.

Now folks will be able to sent you SMS/MMS messages from any carrier and you will be able to text them back.

What happens is iMessage not only associates your phone number with your Apple ID, but your email addresses as well. Long as those things are all linked, when someone with an iPhone sends a message it will also go through Apple's iMessage system.

The above as worked on everyones phone that I've told to do this. I've also suggested they not turn iMessage back on unless they had a need to communicate with a non-phone devices like and iPad or iPod. You can also safely turn FaceTime back on without an issues once you do this.

I just switched last week to the Note 3 and about 80% of my staff that I need to communicate with on a daily bases and we do use SMS. I had to get them to do this or else they couldn't text with me. Problem now solved!

Restoring your device and taking your sim card to will make no difference.

Tracy Korb

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I've been having problems sending texts for a week now. On Thursday, last week, I couldn't receive calls. I went to the ATT&T store, was told to take my battery out and put it back in. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. It seems to have problems when it's not in 4G. On top of the phone, the 4G disappears and reappears. My daughter's phone is having issues as well. The ATT&T disappears from the top and is replaced by random numbers. Several friends are also having issues. I can't believe we are ALL having battery problems at the same time.

Shannon Gill

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
FYI...I did all of the above: Facetime, iMessage, changed my apple ID password and deleted my iphone from device list on iCloud - nothing worked until in desperation I removed the SIM from my 4S. (I had already factory reset it...)
Now able to send and receive SMS/MMS texts.
Thanks to all contributors!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay