Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I always do this. I think about the grass on the other side. I'm (very happily) using an iPhone 5S right now and still I want to switch. I used Android exclusively (both tablet and phone) for the better part of 5 months and had zero issues. I used the One for awhile and my Nexus 7 but something about Apple always brings me back. Then it pushes me away somehow. I love iOS 7, it rocks. It's solid, functional, easy to use, and has some nice features now. The camera is the best in mobile in my opinion and the App Store is fantastic but this Note 3 business...it's making me want to switch. Idk why. It can't connect to my car so I can control the music through my radio (no Bluetooth), no Emojis (trivial but I like them), iMessage is perfect for me, everyone at my work and in my family uses it and the camera isn't as good from what I hear. All of this and yet I still want it. I love the screen size and the S Pen, and that's it. That's all that's making me want it. I won't use it but I want it haha. I'm crazy right?

festinator

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I always do this. I think about the grass on the other side. I'm (very happily) using an iPhone 5S right now and still I want to switch. I used Android exclusively (both tablet and phone) for the better part of 5 months and had zero issues. I used the One for awhile and my Nexus 7 but something about Apple always brings me back. Then it pushes me away somehow. I love iOS 7, it rocks. It's solid, functional, easy to use, and has some nice features now. The camera is the best in mobile in my opinion and the App Store is fantastic but this Note 3 business...it's making me want to switch. Idk why. It can't connect to my car so I can control the music through my radio (no Bluetooth), no Emojis (trivial but I like them), iMessage is perfect for me, everyone at my work and in my family uses it and the camera isn't as good from what I hear. All of this and yet I still want it. I love the screen size and the S Pen, and that's it. That's all that's making me want it. I won't use it but I want it haha. I'm crazy right?

If its just the screen size and the s pen, maybe you could just get a tablet and keep the iPhone 5s? :p idk if the tablets come with an s pen though haha. Idk much anything about the Samsung stuff tbh.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If its just the screen size and the s pen, maybe you could just get a tablet and keep the iPhone 5s? :p idk if the tablets come with an s pen though haha. Idk much anything about the Samsung stuff tbh.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

I thought about getting the Note 10.1 but idk. I'm torn haha

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Are you saying your car doesn't have Bluetooth? Or the Note 3? I hope you're saying your car... Lol

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

lawrenceu88

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
The Note 3 has Emoji's just like the iphone, if you are worried about iMessage and group texting with your friends and family you still can. But obviously you won't have iMessage. (i really don't see the big deal with iMessage anyways) Camera??? Really iphone camera better? Don't think so, not by a long shot. Make the jump you won't regret it.
I had the iPhone since day one. Traded in my 5 for a Galaxy S4, and now i am traded that in for a Note 3. DO not regret it one bit. Note 3 best phone out there by far. Never going back to iPhone.

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The Note 3 has Emoji's just like the iphone, if you are worried about iMessage and group texting with your friends and family you still can. But obviously you won't have iMessage. (i really don't see the big deal with iMessage anyways) Camera??? Really iphone camera better? Don't think so, not by a long shot. Make the jump you won't regret it.
I had the iPhone since day one. Traded in my 5 for a Galaxy S4, and now i am traded that in for a Note 3. DO not regret it one bit. Note 3 best phone out there by far. Never going back to iPhone.

The Note doesn't have Emojis that are all compatible with the iPhone using stock messaging. The camera though on the iPhone far surpasses the Notes. In terms of Megapixels it isn't, in terms of picture quality I believe it is. Reviewers all pretty much say it's better plus doesn't the 5S have OIS whereas the Note doesn't? I could be wrong. The slo-mo camera on the iPhone is also a cool thing to have though there are 3rd party apps that do the same thing, just not as well.

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Well let me eat my words a bit...MKBHD's latest video on camera phones does put the Note (and Lumia 1020) ahead of the 5S by 1 point on his scale. Neither phone has OIS and he claims the Note 3 has more sharpness and detail...hmmm...I guess if I can get used to GoSMS or something with Emojis that look right and all show up then maybe I'll pull the trigger.

lawrenceu88

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
The Note doesn't have Emojis that are all compatible with the iPhone using stock messaging. The camera though on the iPhone far surpasses the Notes. In terms of Megapixels it isn't, in terms of picture quality I believe it is. Reviewers all pretty much say it's better plus doesn't the 5S have OIS whereas the Note doesn't? I could be wrong. The slo-mo camera on the iPhone is also a cool thing to have though there are 3rd party apps that do the same thing, just not as well.

Camera and picture stuff is your opinion. not much of a camera picture guy anyways. But for emoji works on mine not with the stock texting message app. i use textra.and emoji and group text works fine with other iphone.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The Emoji support is there but it is weird. Not really even sure how to describe it. As far as if you should get it. The phone is great, if the size isn't an issue for you. Then there is a good chance you will love it and never look back. The ability to do so many things simutaniously is awesome.

The S-Pen really is a differentiator to. You really can't understand how nice they are until you use one. It isn't a simple stylus.

The camera seems to be hot topic for alot of people. I love how Jerry explained it a while go. I think the big thing is that in well lit areas and outdoors the Note 3 will probably atleast match the 5s.

Also if you have to use your phone with work Samsung KNOX is freaking awesome for seperating your work and personal stuff.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463